Because I am having anxiety over running out of time to get articles written, I'm on my phone!
Wiki Wednesday #394 - Cliff Tobit
Cliff is a teenage non-binary Android who loves skating even though he's not good at it. No one knows why he was made... Or do they?!
Who is Tobit Cliff?
![]() |
| Art from Bank |
.
(Fiction)
There's two kinds of adults. Those who loved being a kid and those who hated being a kid. There's no in-between as far as I know.
One of the best times of my life was back one summer in elementary school. My family had been going through things so I was shuffled off to the library every day. I didn't mind it. I was a little bookworm and I loved peace and quiet. (Besides, the kindly old librarian loved giving me hard candies because she knew I'd never hurt the books.)
The library was special. It had the best central air unit in the entire town and plenty of dehumidifiers. I often turned day dreaming into actual dreaming when sitting under my favorite vent. That's why I didn't think anything of it when I saw a clock tick backwards. Not just one tick - for nearly a minute it was going backwards.
I didn't think anything of it until it happened again when I knew I was awake. I heard a rustling behind me. I looked back and the books were lazily floating off of the shelf and into the wrong spaces!
I shook my head and went to the shelves. Right as I came up to the levitating books... They stopped.
I had to go look at the clock.
It was more than a clock. It was a tall and ornate grandfather clock. It was easy to miss, though. All of the decorations were stained the same exact color as the wood paneled walls behind it. I looked around. No one was there to tell me if what I saw was real.
This was long before every single place had cameras so I couldn't just demand security footage.
I went up to the librarian's desk.
"Miss Books..." That wasn't her name. It was something long and Eastern European. She came up with that nickname so that no one would be embarrassed to address her. "I saw books floating in the air."
She was ancient. Her laugh was hoarse and raspy. "Oh, silly children seeing silly things!"
I shook my head. "The clock went backwards and the books floating. Isn't that concerning?"
She paused. "The clock?"
I motioned for her to come with me as I guided her to the clock.
Only...
There was no clock. It... Had went missing? There was just a plastic plant in a pot sitting on a stool.
"That's what you get for reading!" She wheezed. "A beautiful imagination! Thank you for helping me get some exercise!"
I couldn't fight her on that as she waddled away. There was no clock.
I wasn't scared. I was just confused as I went back to my spot and picked up a book that I had been considering reading. I looked back at the plastic plant.
I don't know if it was because I was crazy or if it was because the clock was real... But all summer... The clock would come back when I was alone.
How is Cliff Tobit's bank?
I'm on my phone! And I do feel a bit awkward because the UtaLet resampler adds a lot of noise that I feel isn't there... But I did this entire article on my phone! Cliff has a super adorable voice even if the resampler is giving him trouble.
Where can I download Tobit Cliff?
I'll spoil the surprise as there's a chance the will be changed in the future. If you go to his wiki page, you can click a link to a Google Docs that has a link to a Google Drive folder and there he is!

No comments:
Post a Comment