Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Wiki Wednesday #391 - 前らロイド / Maeraloid / Maelo

 Windows has behaved... So far.

Wiki Wednesday #391 - 前らロイド / Maeraloid / Maelo

Like Ruko, Maelo has a feminine and masculine design. They are shy and hate running.

Who is Maeraloid?

art from bank

.

(Fiction) 

It was always so fake and dumb. I don't know why I missed it at all. 

But it honestly was hard to not feel anything. 

I just wandered around the fairgrounds. There used to be rides. There used to be food stalls. And now it was just us.

My favorite place was the barns. All of the souls of the animals were so blissfully unaware that they had been standing and chewing cud for decades at this point. I was petting one of the cows when Howard phased through the wall. I looked up at him in his clown outfit and giant rainbow wig. 

"You know you can change, right?" I always asked him. I looked extremely rough when I arrived. But enough trial and error allowed me to smooth over the cuts and remove the blood from my clothes. 

He shook his head. "You're not like everyone else and you know that." He looked over at the animals. "Why do you like it here?"

I hummed a bit as I booped the cow on the nose. "Humans complain. Animals don't." 

"Anyway..." He looked extremely uncomfortable. "They're tearing down everything."

I froze. What?!

"Well... I mean, what's left? This barn and some toilets?" He tried to awkwardly laugh. "But the county wants to build an exposition center and this land is where they want it built."

I knew what he expected me to do. Cry out! Be sad! But I turned to the cow and put my hands on both sides of her head and smiled like a maniac. "We're gonna go to an anime convention!"

Howard was rightfully confused. "Why are you so happy? Everything is going to change?"

I hummed. "Miss Molly, do you think that you're connected to this barn and not this land?" Miss Molly may have been a dead cow, but she was still a cow who couldn't understand English. "You think it's the land? And the land won't stop being land if they build something new on it, right?"

"But there's going to be so many people!" Howard groaned. "You think I like people?"

I turned to him. "You were a clown. You chose a life of entertaining people."

"That's why I hate them!" He threw his arms in the air. "People wear on you!"

I shrugged and went back to petting Miss Molly. "They won't even be able to see you. I'm sure there will be some dark broom closet for you to hide in."

He groaned. "I thought you would get it of all people. You actually like being here..."

I shrugged. "I like Miss Molly and Henny Penny and all of the animals. I also like televisions and the radio. Imagine if it were a hotel convention center..." I looked off into the distance. "Sneaking into a bed and watching TV all night!"

"I'm glad someone's happy..." He muttered as he turned and walked away through the wall of the barn.

"You're gonna love music!" I giggled to Miss Molly.

How is Maelo's bank?

So... Bad news.

Remember how Kyoui had advanced mojibake file names? This bank suffers from the same issue. And... The OTO files did not have suffixes. This is a two pitch bank and the OTOs don't have suffixes so the prefix map is impossible to use... If I had SetParam... Wait, there ARE suffixes?! There are! The lack of prefix map led me to overlook that! 

Anyway, Maelo has an extremely lovely voice but I definitely got fried and resorted to just finding a few aliases that worked and going with it and just using the two pitches independently.
 

Where can I download Maeraloid?

Here is their voice provider's carrd! People have used this bank, so I know it worked at one point... But maybe I'm just not thinking as well as I usually do!

No comments:

Post a Comment