Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #149 - Yohitsugi Fuyudzuki / 冬月夜柩

 An androgynous UTAU with a calm and soothing voice. Some samples break the dll resampler packaged with UTAU.

Wiki Wednesday #149 - Yohitsugi Fuyudzuki / 冬月夜柩


Hi there! My name is Franz. I'm a fictional character living in the author's head. She's not doing the best, so I bothered her about letting me take over for a bit. She gave in eventually, which is why you're reading this!

Don't worry about her - she'll be okay eventually and take back over. But until then, I'm here! Now, let me warn you. I don't know anything about any of this. The destruction of Japan felt like ancient history by the time I was born, so I don't know if I had ever heard Japanese. I cannot tell you if something sounds "accurate" or not, but I can say if something sounds nice or not.

As I have no ability to use the software, the author rendered everything and wrote notes for me to share. I do have to figure out how to upload the stuff so that she can stay checked out, but that's alright with me! Let's get started!

Who is Fuyudzuki Yohitsugi?

Official art from bank

Now this is an interesting character! The character was at one point a human, but is now comprised of machinery.

The character was released in 2017, which means that according to their profile, they were born in 1787. That is so interesting! I believe that the number was random and based on numerology, but America's constitution was signed in 1787. 

It is silly to be so amused by an American event being tied to a character with no ties to America in such a frivolous way. When searching Japanese history, 1787 does have some significance. A man who went on to father fifty-five children became some kind of leader. A few years later, the first American ships reached Japan. Perhaps I am too stuck on America in general!

... Mae's going to take over for a bit!

Hey! So yeah, this whole idea of Franz looking at the UTAUs and rambling didn't work out. He didn't really have much to say about anything and was really, really stretching. He's coming back next week, but yeah. I felt bad for giving him so much responsibility and just closed this draft for like two months. I let him write in a diary format so that he could be interesting. 

I also apparently wrote nothing about the usage of the bank or anything like that to copy and paste down in the next section. I don't even remember using the bank! That's how long ago it was!

Why did I write so little while using the banks? Was I expecting him to just listen to the samples and  vamp for an entire section?! I only have seven UTAUs processed with such little information, so that's pretty okay.

How is Yohitsugi Fuyudzuki's bank?

Yohitsugi Fuyudzuki has one bank: a VCV. I wrote this note: "The OTOs are strange and some samples break the resampler dll that comes packaged with UTAU, whereas the default tools work well."

The voice is nice, but it does have some quirks. Those quirks are things like "k"s sounding strange. But, I think that a quirk like that is very endearing! 

Now, just as an aside, future articles will still have the image, the MP3, and the link to the distribution site. All those things will be the same. The text will be mostly unrelated, but that's because there's honestly not a lot of things to say about a lot of UTAUs. 

I'm hoping that that will be okay, because honestly, I've been needing to write and share my fictional writing for a long time. It was always a lot of things that kept me away from doing it, like being afraid I wouldn't be good enough. Or the fact that I'm great at world building but can't figure out how to make a story interesting. Anyway! The voice!



Where can I download Fuyudzuki Yohitsugi? 


I don't like linking directly to the Wiki, but I dislike linking directly to files more, so you can find the link to the file on the Wiki page. Whoo! Can you believe I started this article on like May 24th and ended on July 24th?!

No comments:

Post a Comment