Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #151 - Soine Shiro / 沿音シロ

 A young male voice that is absolutely adorable, but will take effort to get the best results from.


Wiki Wednesday #151 - Soine Shiro / 沿音シロ

This voice is so freaking cute I might literally puke. The design is adorable. This is all adorable.

Who is Shiro Soine?

official art


Hey there! It's me, Franz!


Something about me is that I don't really get a chance to talk. I'm quiet and I always pause too long thinking of my words. My wife and daughter are so quick witted - they could have an intellectual debate in the time I can think of the answer to "would you prefer bacon or eggs?" I got used to it, so being able to express myself like this with only Mae to interrupt me is so great!


So, if y'all read these out of order, I better clarify who I am and where I'm from. I was born in Appalachia somewhere after the year 3000 and sometime before the year 3200. It's a big margin of error, but humanity barely escaped Nuclear Winter. Things kind of get messed up when that happens. 


Politically, I was born right before the reunification of America. There was Westerica, Easterica, and America. The United States has this thing where the coasts are real liberal, and the insides just ain't. In y'all's twenty-first century, it ain't exactly true. But in the reality I live in, around 2300, it changed. Entire blue islands picked up and relocated because, well, we had a war brewing.


The bombing started around 2400. It was senseless, and there was no good reason. Everyone had already picked up and left, but the powers in America didn't want a shred of the old 'liberal emerald towers' left, even if they'd just build the same thing on top of the wreckage. I do know the right word is Ivory Tower, but people using nuclear bombs to demolish empty cities out of spite ain't the brightest.


I don't know for sure why even up North, the mountains weren't touched. I reckon everyone knows when something is beautiful and special. The cities got leveled and eaten up by the Earth, but it was with bulldozers and wrecking balls and not bombs.


Radiation aside, the bombs did do some good for Earth. Now, as I been informed by Mae, in y'all's 21st century, y'all's doing something about the climate. In most realities, y'all doing something about the climate. But here, it just got worse. We didn't have the pandemic y'all had, and the president that tanked everything in our 21st century was handsome and charismatic. It's hard to recover when even the most liberal gay man swoons for the bringer of the second confederacy. 


The term Nuclear Winter is scary. But what we had done to the Earth was scarier. We never got better. Our oceans still are toxic and barren outside of areas cut off from the rest of the seas and obsessively maintained. The Nuclear Winter dropping temperatures just got us back to before the industrial revolution.


Even the Nuclear Winter wasn't enough alone to save us. Same with the oceans, if you don't have someone who cares a lot to clear the skies, we live under a blanket of grey clouds. Someone found a way to make storm clouds that never rained and never went away. Well, they claimed they'd be gone after we got our messes straightened out. They'd go away on their own in a few hundred years. They never did.


I was lucky. I was born late enough that real storm clouds could push their way through. I saw lightning and felt rain on my skin. Entire generations watched as the water cycle itself halted. 


But, I figure talking about that is its own thing.


How does Soine Shiro sound?


It really didn't hit me how depressing everything about Franz was until that whole thing about nuclear winter was paired with an UTAU so cute, you momentarily think the world is a happy place upon hearing the voice. OTOs are entirely broken and will need to be fixed to use properly, but listen to this voice and tell me it isn't worth it!



Where can I download Shiro Soine?

You can download him from his distribution site! I'm really happy, because I really enjoy this method of writing articles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment