Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Monday, September 21, 2020

Downloading from Axfc In The Year of Our Lord 2020

 Well, I'm glad I can make this article, but I'm sad that I have to.

Downloading from Axfc In The Year of Our Lord 2020



This advice may stop working tomorrow, and it might stop working next year. It may hold well for a few years.

Of all the websites that we say "the company is killing it", "they hate their users", and so on in America... None of them are as infuriating as Axfc. 

I don't know if it's a Japanese thing, or if even Japanese people can't stand this. But, with the help of nmasao and a few blog posts, I figured out how to make it work right at this minute. 

All the steps and so forth are under the "read more". 

Let's start with the sad news. 

Old old banks from 2009 may never be downloadable because apparently they just nixed some servers and they'll never download. I may be wrong, but I have tried downloading Yumi Motone way too many times, and even used the tricks that make newer downloads work.

So, let's get to it.

First, Never ever go onto Axfc without an ad block. Ever. If you are still a minor who can get grounded, your parents may ground you if they see the ads that are on that site. If you're an adult, they ads are just disgusting. Not because they're adult, NSFW content... But because the anatomy is so entirely screwed up, it looks like contorted mutated figures that belong in a horror game. 

Now, on to the normal parts. I made a quick video to show how to download from there when it is working normally. 

After you get to the error page, you just need to change the server name. So, for 
https://capricornus.axfc.net/d/hSPUqrpvTFJDsLzS/3362136.zip

You just need to change the first word, in this case capricornus to pepper.

https://pepper.axfc.net/d/hSPUqrpvTFJDsLzS/3362136.zip
Don't bother trying to go to those links, because links will only work for your IP address for a limited amount of time!

If "pepper" doesn't work, you can try ape, chimpanzee, gorilla, or monkey. However, the second file I attempted to download started with "ape" and none of the primate names worked. Only pepper did. 

Hopefully someday they'll make it so that you don't have to use any workarounds. But for now, at least this works for most newer files. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey there, thanks for the guide. This sadly doesn't seem to be working for me even though the file I'm trying to download is from 2014. Do you have any advice?
    Here's the file in question (drop pop candy off-vocal + lyrics): https://www.axfc.net/u/3278878

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't either :(

      My only advice is to try at different times and maybe it will work. It instantly decided to go to "pepper", and "ape" and "monkey" didn't work.

      However, if you're okay with lower quality, you can download the drop pop candy off vocal from YouTube using a Youtube to MP3 site.

      - Mae

      Delete
    2. I'm looking for the original file for the karaoke so I'd rather not use a YouTube rip of it. I'll just ask around and see if I can find someone who has the file downloaded still. Thanks anyways though.

      Delete
  2. there are more server names:
    pisces aquarius capricornus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I need to ask and know if there is some kind of voicebank of Akikoloid-Chan, which is private, whether it's port of utau, diff svc or something, there must be some way to get his voice :,)

    ReplyDelete