Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #80 - 桃李モン / Toori Mon

1/2. Whoo-hoo! I finally rolled a low number! Yesterday, I rolled extremely poorly and couldn't keep up. Today, I should be able to catch up... And I will show that computer dice who goes nyoom nyoom!


Wiki Wednesday #80 -  桃李モン / Toori Mon


Let me start by saying that I need to make an effort to write the articles almost immediately after downloading. Banks just sitting around don't make the issue - voice providers releasing new ones is the issue! I have to wait for a specific time to download the new banks, which means that UTAU, once again, doesn't get looked at. There was even one in my spreadsheet that I apparently never even downloaded one bank for. What's up with that?

This is another collective UTAU. By which I mean, this UTAU belongs to 森のほとり. However, she is so important, she gets her very own spot in the header that sits atop every page. Good for her! 

So anyway, here we go.

Who is Mon Toori?


Official Icon Packaged with Bank

Though it is not explicitly stated, it is implied that Mon is female. However, her biography notes that at lower pitches, she can sound as if she is male. Her BMI is normal, but it is actually higher than most UTAUs that I have used the calculator on. Her age is unknown

I have no idea what it means, but I think she doesn't like playing with newfangled looms. So.. textiles? 

Google Translate is really good, but it still makes odd choices. Mon dislikes herring roe, but the kanjis that are used are "number" and "children". So, Google says she dislikes numbers of children. I think, okay, she's child-free. But nope! She doesn't like fish eggs.

Her favorite thing is the entire city of Fukuoka. I just opened its page on Wikipedia and my eyes kind of glazed over. The big thing that I found out, was that there is a zoo in Fukuoka. In 2003, the zoo had over 706 animals. There were 168 species of animals, with 57 of those species being mammals. That's cool! I think mammals are my favorite kind of animal.

Did you know that originally, people believed that dinosaurs were lazy and just dragged themselves around? The reason is because now, we know that dinosaurs are closely related to birds. Birds are warm blooded, meaning that they can regulate their temperature. Lizards are cold blooded, meaning that they are incapable of regulating their body temperature. If dinosaurs couldn't just regulate their own body temperature, chilly days would mean a landscape of suffering dinosaurs just barely dragging along. But now, we know they weren't like that.

The record high in Fukuoka was one year in July. It was 100.9 degrees Fahrenheit. That is 38.3 degrees Celsius. 

Reading about Japanese cities is a trip. In 2018, there were only 171 homeless people in Fukuoka. There's an estimated 1.5 million people there. The high, which was in 2009, was 969 people. Think about all the homeless people you see on the side of the road in America. All of the shelters and all of that stuff. It's crazy.

How is Toori Mon's voicebank?


Mon only has one voicebank. It is a one pitch CV bank. The voice is extremely androgynous. It really wasn't what I expected.

If the bank was overseas, I'd clock the voice provider as female in a second. It really does sound like a Western woman in her late twenties. But, this is a Japanese UTAU. 

Now, the voice provider will never see this, so I feel safe saying it. I checked out their Twitter, and they seem like a creeper. They were showing off art of Mon that was like, you know, belonged behind a NSFW tag, but wasn't because it technically wasn't that bad. That has nothing to do with the bank itself, but if that creeps you out (which depends on what age you think Mon is as it is unspecified) then you may avoid the bank because of that.


Where can I download Mon Toori?


You can download her from her download page. My personal recommendation is to kind of stay away from this character just because the voice provider seems to post inappropriate things. It sounds really dumb, but giving them more attention kind of... It kind of just feels icky. Then why did I post this article? Well, because I have a job to tell people about UTAU's they don't know about! Even if my summary is "yeah, maybe leave this one alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment