Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, September 4, 2020

Forgotten Friday #89 - 草音フキ / Fuki Kusane

If y'all wouldn't mind, would you post your favorite song from your mother language in the comments? I want to start making lists and videos with languages I am not familiar with, but I have no idea where to start looking for songs and such! You can also post your favorite songs from other languages, also if you like! For example, "Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko" is in Tagalog, but it's one of my favorite songs ever. 


Forgotten Friday #89 - 草音フキ / Fuki Kusane


So, I almost lost my dang mind over something silly. (I'm exaggerating!) This UTAU has one available bank, and it was made in 2012. Now, how in the heck you're going to tell me that this bank hasn't appeared on YouTube once, even after it was released?! The last video was from seven years ago!

But then I stopped and realized something. "2020 - 2012 = 8". Oh. I... Wow. That's insane. Once you get to adult age, years all mash together and you get shocked when like three years ago is actually eight years ago. Dang... I mean, seeing that 2010 was ten years ago doesn't bug me. But 2012 being eight years ago?! It's simple math, but it feels wrong. 

Who is Kusane Fuki?


Official Art from Bank

Boy howdy! I should save this for the bank section, but I saw it and was like "woah." Okay so, the UTAU fandom went from almost no drama to full on drama nearly overnight, and it just got worse and worse and worse. One of the biggest battles pre-2013 was consonant velocity. Now, why is that a big deal?

I don't like consonant velocity. I don't like how it sounds. I will only use it if I need a consonant to be longer for a CV bank, and that's using negative cons vel. And plenty of people put two and two together. Cons vel was the number one way to make your VCV bank sound "smooth" even with bad OTOs. cons go nyoom, and that means you can't hear mistakes.

It's not wrong to do things the way you want to do them. But I actually was there to witness the weirdest, most anti-climatic thing in UTAU fandom history. So, I was in a Skype call with some bad eggs. We were all just dumping on cons vel, so one of them decided to make a tumblr blog dedicated to typing dumb stuff into the cons vel box. That's it. But the only drama that came out of it was that one of them took a screenshot of the UTAU background... But the little box saying who was talking was in that screenshot! They just revealed a troll as a troll! Oh no! The person who did it fixed it and no one ever looked at the blog. 

I ended up enemies with the groups that ran with that group, but even though we were enemies, someone else and I would just spam the UTAU tag on tumblr with chairs. Why? Because someone was loudly complaining that the UTAU tag should only have full covers. Not sketches, not little updates... Covers only. So, he started with the first chair and I threw in the second, and we just threw chairs all over the place.

Okay so, this UTAU has an actual biography so there was no reason for me to go on like that. But I was just laughing at the memories and wanted to share.

So, I think this is kind of an edge case since Umbrellaguns was pretty popular. Her other UTAU, Linako Sonone, is still pretty dang famous for an overseas UTAU. That would full out disqualify Fuki from Wiki Wednesday, because that's meant to put a spotlight on creators no one knows about. But, the point of Forgotten Friday is to point out UTAUs that were forgotten about. And seven years without a YouTube video is pretty forgotten!

Fuki loves nature. She just wanders about and sings to animals. She's childish for her age, 16 years old. She's only 5'2'' and hates cars. She has no family, but was adopted by Linako when she wrecked her garden.

Also, there's a rhinoceros. 

How is Kusane Fuki's voicebank?


There is just one hiragana encoded VCV bank. There were previous banks, but they were set to private. I'm not using consonant velocity, because I rarely if ever use flags. The samples would sound much better if I used the correct resampler, but then it wouldn't sound like what you'd get if you just knew the basics and had no idea what a resampler was.

Fuki has a really wonderful, soft and sweet voice. She's a really good UTAU.


Where can I download Fuki Kusane?


You can download her from her official website. She's a really good UTAU, but she was really overlooked due to Linako being so much bigger than her.

No comments:

Post a Comment