Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #150 - neku's Unite / ユナイト

A female two pitch CV bank with a strong, neesan tone. Both pitches blend seamlessly.

Wiki Wednesday #150 - neku's Unite / ユナイト


Is her hair animals?? Are the animals part of her headband?? The answer is "Headphones are alive. Sometimes I put out a beam. Headphones like to eat meat spaghetti." Thanks Google Translate!

Also, my dyslexia hit me. "How do I know if it's pronounced 'unite' or 'untie'??" The answer was more obvious than I had expected!

Who is neku's Unite?

Official art from bank


Hey there guys! It's me, Franz! Now, y'all all know Mae has some problems. She's feeling real unsure if she needs to rewrite a bunch of stuff, and it's tearing her dang head in two!


Ain't much to say about lots of these voice characters. She wanted to have a bunch of articles written completely by her with no fiction… but let me tell you, watching her try to use her computer these days is rough! She's just twitching and looking all over the place. So I told her, hey! Let me write out some of this stuff on your phone. Ain't what you wanted, but you ain't gotta go through the old drafts and decide if they're fitting!


So here I am! She done got all the meat of the Forgotten Friday series done, just gotta process the stuff. She had the meat done for this series also, but now she's thinking she got a bit too personal and ain't meaning to post stuff like that. Ain't just personal, but some got a negative vibe and this is a positive place! 


The real fun thing about this here is that I ain't the only friend she got up here in her noggin! She's got my entire family and all sorts of other people. She's a writer who gives a big hoot about everyone having their own unique voice. I apologize anyone who don't like this kind of accent. I spent way too much of my life trying to get rid of it! Now it's just how I talk.


I've got a lot of stuff to tell y'all! If you don't know, I was born around the year 3000. Don't know the exact year because of, well, a lot of stuff. It's only partially because Mae can't figure out a timeline! I grew up in Appalachia, but it's a lot different than the one that's in y'all's year 2021.


We had to pretend we didn't have technology, like it was the 1800s. We did have some computers at school, but they were all made to look and run like the ones from the 1990s or 1980s. I had a secret modern computer to do online school, but that don't say nothing about Appalachia.


I grew up and as soon as I graduated, I got on a shuttle to Mars. Let me tell you about the red planet in the fourth millennium! (Though, it's right possible it'll be much different getting closer to the year 4000.)


Mars is like a prison you work right hard to get into and can get born into. I know it's possible to get out if you want to, but it takes luck. It's all scientists, but only the kinds directly related to Mars. We ain't got no economists. When I got there, I thought it was the most glamorous place on… well, it ain't on Earth! Moving out to California taught me quick that the apartments on Mars ain't that nice, but I was coming from a falling apart farmhouse. One of those ain't gonna sustain life up there.


The air was always the perfect temperature and humidity in my apartment on Mars - if you gotta pick a temperature, you're going to pick a good one! It did look something stunning, but you could make your 'windows' display anything to trick you into thinking you were somewhere on Earth. 


But if the best I can say about the place is that I liked the air conditioning and the look of it, you can probably guess it wasn't the best place.


I'm excited to hang with y'all and tell you more about the fourth millennium! I know it's fictional to y'all, but it's real to me!


(note from Mae: I'm not delusional (in this instance) and I'm fully aware that Franz is a fictional character. The fourth millennium in the stories Franz is from is a dystopian nightmare which I hope the world will never go through.)


How does Unite sound?

She sounds pretty okay! She's more androgynous than straight up a female type voice, and she is very strong.



Where can I download Unite?


You can download her from her distribution page. She's pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mae.

    It's McKenna, I was the creator and owner of Matami Mirai. It's been a year(?) I think since I left the community and social media.

    I wanted to apologize to you. When I left Discord I was distraught, and things felt like they were just getting worse. Like it was all piling on at once.

    I didn't have it in me to say goodbye to you even though it would've been as easy as just saying that I was leaving Discord and the community.

    To me it felt like a big deal, and being as emotional as I was at the time I just couldn't handle it. I ended up ghosting everyone including you and I just wanted to send you a message to apologize.

    Things have gotten better since then. I just always regretted that I didn't say goodbye to you when I should've. I'm sorry Mae. I hope 2021 treated you well. You deserve nothing but good things.

    I hope if I ever return to the community that we can talk again, but until then thank you for always having been a wonderful friend.

    Wishing the best for you always,

    McKenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if you'll see this, but if you do, I want you to know that I have so much love in my heart for you. I would remember you and worry a bit from time to time, but I completely understand and assumed you just needed to step away from everything. I have been in that same exact place, and walking away and ghosting everyone was the only option.

      I've missed you, but your health and happiness is the most important thing. I hope we can talk again someday! You deserve all of the best things in life.

      Delete