Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #14 - Andoryu Akai / Andoryu Makka

Who is Andoryu Makka? Does this have to do with McDonald's? Who is Worn-Out Shuu?

Wiki Wednesday #14 - Andoryu Akai / Andoryu Makka

Doing research on voice providers is a bit of a touchy subject. A blog like this should function on the qualities of the UTAU and not on the details of the voice provider. But people are really interesting, man! Worn-Out Shuu has been relatively active on the UtaForum (psst.... stay away from there if you're new to the fandom...) offering to provide voices for other people's UTAUs. 

There are some upsetting things that Worn-Out Shuu has posted, but you can tell from the voice bank that the kid is a kid. He'll hopefully grow out of that phase. 

Apparently, there is a final version of Andoryu Makka that was uploaded. But gosh darn it, I have a data cap in effect and I already have the only version linked from the UTAU Wiki.dot. Another odd thing is that the surname Akai and Makka (red vs deep red) seem somewhat interchangeable. 

Who is Andoryu?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank
I'm just guessing, but I think I could get away with calling this UTAU Andrew. I won't because it seems mean to not type a name just because my dyslexia is killing me, but I think that was what was intended.

Something people may not know about me is that I lurk on Reddit constantly. I don't post and I don't even log into an account so that I have a tailored feed. I just read r/all while trying to fall asleep. (That's bad. Don't do that. Light keeps you from sleeping!)

The little info on Andoryu on the UTAU Wiki.dot is adorable. He's just a little eleven year old that gets picked on, so he sings to feel better. Adorable!! The info available on the UtaForum makes him sound like a Redditor. I couldn't tell you what subreddits Andoryu would frequent, though.

Really, I wish I hadn't seen the stuff on the UtaForum, because well...

How is the bank?

ADORABLE. This is another case of Moresampler OTOs. It doesn't sound awful to the point that it obscures the potential of the bank, so I will leave it alone for the most part.

The link posted on the UTAU Wiki.dot is obviously not meant to be an official release. The folder that holds the bank is named "result", as in what OREMO outputs the bank into if you don't change any settings. As I said earlier, there is a final version that I haven't taken the time to download. The final version took literal searching to find, and I imagine there isn't much difference between the one on UtaForum and the one on Wiki.dot.

The bank is a one pitch VCV with romaji encoding. It is a kid having fun. It's not amazing, but it's still adorable. For some reason the ふ samples aren't aliased properly, though? 

The problem with this bank comes from the fact that the samples were screamed. The issue with this is that when the pitch line gets messed up, the sample turns into a messy mess. To fix this, you can either sub out CV samples for the VCV ones or cut out the messy pitch lines with the blue blanks. (Right blank and left blank)

Another problem I have is just there are too many OTO entries. Eight thousand lines for a one pitch VCV?! The issue is that all of the options were selected when making the OTO in Moresampler. Of course, remaking the OTO would fix this, and maybe it was fixed in the final version.

The biggest complaints are the vowel-vowels being wonky and random yelling distorting the samples. If those are fixed in the final version, or if you do as I did and work around the vowels, this is a great bank if you want a muffled, young male voicebank. The irony of the yelling is that Andoryu was likely meant to be a power bank, but the static made it much, much softer and sweeter.

Where can I download this bank?

There is a link to an UtaForum post with the final bank, but if you want to use the one I used, you need to go to the UTAU Wiki Dot

In the last Wiki Wednesday, I pointed out that despite the bank being great, it was an unpopular voice type. However, this bank isn't the best, but this is a popular voice type. I imagine there are plenty of people who would love using this bank if they just knew about it 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment