Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Wiki Wednesday #172 - Ainslae Doomsday

 ...

Wiki Wednesday #172 - Ainslae Doomsday

The url of the wiki page is Owen. 12 year old boy with anxiety who hates furbies. Self conscious about wings and hides them. 

Who is Ainslae Doomsday?

official art from wiki

"Supposedly" fictional Chia here.

After my stunt with the Lunar Jumpers, I got roped into more of the important meetings. I was dragged to the Lunar Jumper meeting by someone who thought I'd approve of increased first contacts, but I was called back by The Shark.

I called him and asked to visit before the meeting. He invited me in and I sat on his couch while he sat on his bed. His room was nicer than mine, but not that great as it was a guest suite as he was just visiting.

I was tired. I had been up all night reading on the case. It seemed simple. Two equally advanced species were begging to be let into the Union. They shared a planet… but one was a predatory species, and the other was prey.

I asked The Shark how well he knew Earth history. He slowly nodded. I explained first that when you ignore a situation, you are helping the oppressor. No one wants sapient beings to be hunted as food, so helping the hunters was out of the question. 

He asked about dividing the planet and making it a crime to eat people. I pointed out the Middle East. Drawing artificial borders only creates more problems. His eyes started to glaze over the way that mine were.

I helpfully suggested a prison colony on another planet. He knew it was a trap. He knew from growing up on a refugee camp planet, losing your homeworld was a cruel fate.

I pulled my knees to my chest and hugged my legs. I muttered something about objective good and objective evil. It wasn't a trap. He placed his hands on the bed behind him and leaned back. He studied the ceiling as he tried to think of a response.

He hummed a bit before asking what I would morally want to happen. I responded with the truth. I wanted to pick up the cannibals and throw them into space. Generally, there's only one sapient species per planet. The rules of what's acceptable to eat vary. Humans are cruel in that they eat animals that are bright, loving, and intelligent just because that species was food since the beginning of recorded history.

I had been to the Earth 2 Zoo. I had looked into the eyes of pigs and cattle that had been created in labs using genomes taken during spying expeditions. The life in their eyes comforted me. I felt happiness I couldn't fully explain when I petted them and they learned against my hand. I felt a cold, sinking feeling when I realized that, on Earth, they would be slaughtered for food. I felt sick when I realized that the same genetic information was used for animals that I myself had eaten.

On my homeworld, we had a rule. Only eat something that would eat another of its species. Don't eat it if it is widely understood to feel and express "love". We had no large cattle. We ate dumb birds and fish. 

The Shark couldn't remember his time before the refugee camp. He didn't know what he ate at the refugee camp. He could tell it was some kind of meat, but he had never seen any animals slaughtered. It was just brought to the planet already butchered and packaged.

In the end, I couldn't be formal. Standing at the head of the table with cameras focused on me, I proclaimed that there is objective evil. Everyone waited for me to continue for a moment. I shrugged. I repeated myself, but added that I couldn't make a suggestion. I dislike evil, and I want evil to suffer. However, any option that was based purely on spite was a bad option.

The predatory species was relocated. The Union promised that if the behavior was corrected, they could go home. Children of the predatory species were given to the prey species to raise to be "good". All kinds of abuses of basic rights, but at least no one was eaten.

How is Ainslae Doomsday's bank?

There is one bank linked to on the Wiki - the official site has been taken down. 

The bank has plugins and dlls and stuff. Stop doing that. I get really paranoid about seeing things that modify the behavior of UTAU, even if it's just to show a picture.

It is a one pitch CV bank. The voice is very nice. It sounds a little more mature than the stated age, but it is very mellow and calm.



Where can I download Ainslae Doomsday?

Download is at Wiki page. Very nice UTAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment