I am so far behind!
Forgotten Friday #406 - Karine Wing / 假音 WING
Karine is a teenage girl who loves cleaning and smiling.
Who is Wing Karine?
| official concept art |
"Hey guys!" Mitzi shook her phone as she started her video. She was going to be relatable with her Gen Z shake even if she was sixty years old!
She pouted. "So I've been posting my prototypes online for my magic wands and I even found a manufacturer... But I just got a letter." She rolled her eyes before all of the emotion left her face. She was going to cover it with the text of the letter. "The too long, didn't read of it is that the government doesn't like fun!"
She was going to uncover her face at this point so she made sure to look angry. "Apparently people could use the levitation wand to drop things on children! Like, I can't even sell it to people who don't have children!" Back to pouting. "If anyone knows any lawyers who could make the government let me sell these... Let me know!" She ended the recording and looked up at Mike. "How'd I do?"
"Great, Mitts." Mike laughed. "Did you actually find a manufacturer?"
Mitzi scrunched her nose. "I'm not a liar or a scammer! Of course I wouldn't lie about that!" She paused. "But like, you know, one wand that does the most basic spell is going to be like a thousand dollars... And basically just be a really bad flashlight."
Mike sucked air through his teeth. He had married in to magic long before witches revealed themselves to society at large. "You could sell a bad flashlight. There's no regulations there."
"Yeah, but the margins on a levitation wand? That could keep me fed for years." She shook her head. "Margins on a bad flashlight? I'm barely squeaking out a profit."
Mike nodded. "How are you even getting these made? I've never had a witch offer to give me magical powers."
"Elves." She shrugged. "They can spin magical silk that gives any object magic. And they're really open to screwing over witches in any way possible."
"Elves are real?" Mike looked shocked. "Tolkien or Santa?"
"Tolkien." Mitzi laughed. "Santa was made up by Coca-Cola." She jokingly puffed out her chest. "I should know... I was there!"
"Mitts!" He laughed. "I know you were born in the 1960s. You were not alive in the 1920s."
She laughed. "You know I'm not a liar and I'm not a scammer, but I am going to pull that joke every chance I get. If I make it look like a joke, people will take it like a joke... Right?" She pouted to try and look like a cute puppy.
"Of course, Mitts." He solemnly nodded to play along with her joke. "You just need to make it obvious. Saying you went to the dinosaur petting zoo with Fred Flintstone is too outlandish for anyone to take seriously."
"Exactly!" She laughed. "They call me out for being born in the 60s? I've said plenty of impossible things with a wry smile! Just silly jokes. Their fault if they don't catch them."
How is Karine Wing's bank?
As far as I know, she only has a single CV bank. Sadly, oh my goodness I have so little patience for Windows right now, so we're back to the default resampler! Her consonants can be a little short, but she has a nice and nostalgic voice.
Where can I download Wing Karine?
You can find her on her wiki page!
No comments:
Post a Comment