Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #8 - Selky

Who is Selky? What is a Selkie? Where can I download the UTAU Selky?

Wiki Wednesday #8 - Selky

Hi there! As these posts are scheduled, you wouldn't have noticed I had taken quite a long break from writing. Back issues meant that sitting in my computer chair was nearly impossible. However, I'm back and ready to write! However, I have slightly forgotten how to write. 

Reading a few previous pages reminded me of my Wiki Wednesday format, so let's jump into it! 

Who is Selky?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
Selky is a 2018 UTAU created by Nue/Nuetella. She is based off of the mythical creature, Selkie. Selkie are very different from mermaids in that selkie are normal seals that can shed their skins to be completely human. According to her Wiki page, Selky is a harp seal when she is wearing her seal skin.
Harp Seal Pup, image from Wikipedia by Matthieu Godbout
Of course, the pups are only adorable with a white coat for a little while. However, I like to believe that Selky is always that adorable.

How are the banks?

Selky has two banks. The first is her normal CV bank. It is a one pitch romaji encoded CV. The voice is super adorable!

Her second bank is a two pitch VCV with the append name "Coral". I like it a lot! The one thing that you need to keep in mind is that you need to remake the prefix map to use the second pitch. That takes less that a minute, but it's nice to know you have to before you get confused why the second pitch won't trigger! Another aspect to this UTAU is that some of the samples are a little wonky. For some "t" samples, the pause before the "t" is quite long. Other than manually editing the audio files themselves (which is a no-no to a lot of UTAU users), the only thing you can do is to add consonant velocity to the affected notes. That being said, the voice is still really cute! 


Where can I download Selky?

The only place with the links posted is Selky's UTAU Wiki page

Selky is a super adorable UTAU that hasn't been used very much. Hopefully in the future, she will be used more 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment