Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, June 11, 2021

Forgotten Friday #129 - 九威海継音 / Kuimi Keito

 Before getting started, I do want to apologize. My brain has been doing poorly, and not attending to the blog has made me feel icky. But I'm not all here enough to not go down a straight line, so there will be family members being posted one after the other. Thankfully, going out of order before got rid of a lot of the members in families on the to-do list. So! Yeah!


Forgotten Friday #129 - 九威海継音 / Kuimi Keito


Let's play name translation! Nine, power, ocean, inherit, sound. Inherited sound is the given name, and the power of nine oceans is the family name.

Did we gain anything from looking up the kanji? I don't actually think so.

Who is Keito Kuimi? 

Official Art from Bank


Keito has no distribution page from what I saw - just the distribution video.

He is a 2,518 year old cat-person who looks to be eighteen years old. He wears normal contemporary clothes and has two cat tails.

I don't understand Japan. Keito loves tapioca juice. The heck is that?! Well, it's probably meant to say tapioca tea. Which is boba! When I searched tapioca juice, the info card on Google showed bubble tea, so I scrolled down. I saw tapioca juice recipes… and it was bubble tea. 

He also loves banana juice and wolves. One, he's a cat. Two, banana juice. One recipe was for a banana smoothie. Yum! You freeze bananas then blend them in a blender with milk. Nothing wrong with that at all! But one recipe was with room temperature bananas that you mashed by hand and then poured milk on top of. Like, it said it was a Western recipe and I was like, you got us messed up! Just imagining the texture I want to gag. I get that, fundamentally, the smoothie version and the gross version are the same exact thing, but ew.

He hates eggplant, but I had to look that up in a dictionary because it's almost always written in kana, and he pulled out the kanji. He also hates millipedes and centipedes, which is like, yes. Why would you like those?

The reason I'm not recounting his design in detail is because, well, looking back and forth feels difficult, and the image on the archive is tiny and pixelated. But then I remembered you can switch to the desktop site, and I have like three hundred words to burn.

So, his hoodie is really adorable. It is two toned UTAU purple with the arms being darker than the bodice. The pocket to warm your hands has a mischievous cat face on it. The hood is equally as cute. It is white with a cat face on the very top, but the place where the hoodie and the hood meet, there's an angry narwhal with whiskers.

He has hair that is a color that could be black or brown. His cat ears are the same color aside from the grey tips that match the tips on his two tails. His green eyes match his green trainers. I have no idea what the loop on his belt is meant to be, but he holds sheet music.

His tails are short haired tails. I really prefer long haired tails because they're fluffier. I think the short haired tails fit the character better, though.

As far as domesticated cats go, I really prefer larger ones to smaller ones. Small cats just feel so delicate. My grandma's cat jumped on my lap while I was at her house and she was so small. I could barely feel her. In contrast, I can barely pick up one of our cats because he's so heavy. But not for the reason you think! He's extremely lean, he's just so muscular. He's a crazy cat. He likes to sit outside of my room and scream at me for no reason.

I still think I like small dogs better than big dogs, though. I'm actually terrified of big dogs eating my face.

How is Kuimi Keito's bank?

Keito has a one pitch VCV bank. Now, the annoying thing is just that he'd be a pain to OTO. It's VCV, so I can't control anything about how the consonants show up aside from cons vel. And the consonants are long, so you can't really do uniform because if you made it uniform based on those with very long consonants, it may be strange for the parts with short consonants. In addition, the samples are so tiny, I can barely hear anything in the previews. I can read spectrograms easily, but not everyone can.

But as far as the voice itself, it matches the design perfectly! It's a teen guy voice that's trying to be V-KEI, but is too cute for their own good.

His intonation is pretty flat, so he's perfect for intense tuning, and would basically be awesome to convert to CVVC due to that.


Where can I download Keito Kuimi?


You can find the link to his distribution video on his UTAU Visual Archive page. He sure is a cool cat! 

4 comments:

  1. hi! it's kinda random but you could you please do a wiki wednesday with the utau michi nitten? she's kinda quirky but you could probably make her work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) !

      Michi Nitten is absolutely adorable! However, with several videos over a thousand views, she is ineligible. With permission to upload a new OTO file, however, I would happily re-OTO the bank just for fun!

      Delete
    2. her creator has been off the internet for 3 or 4 years now, so re-OTOing her probably wouldn't be an issue

      Delete
  2. if you won't cover michi nitten for a wiki wednesday, that's okay! i know of some other utaus that you might consider eligible

    ReplyDelete