Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #118 - 双曲めんこ / Menko Soukyoku

Being honest, I have no idea how I jacked up my wrist. My only real guess is when I played Stardew Valley on my phone for like eighteen hours straight or something. But that was like a year ago or something! It just randomly started bothering me, so I put on a brace. I can barely type with it on, so I got out my phone and Google docs to keep working on the articles.

Wiki Wednesday #118 - 双曲めんこ / Menko Soukyoku



I had written half of this before I saw on the visual archive that no one actually knows the reading of this name. They needed a Western name to add her to the wiki, so they just picked a reading that was already used for a different word that followed the rules of Japanese word readings. (The word was 双曲面, which is a fancy math word.)

This UTAU is chubby!! Do you know how rare that is?! And I mean, I'm part of the problem. My UTAU is skinny, even though I'm chubby. But for people who use UTAUs as wish fulfillment will make their UTAU how they wish they were - skinny and half a foot taller.

So, seeing a chubby UTAU is great and makes me feel less bad about being part of the problem. Someone else is doing the representation!

Who is Soukyoku Menko?


art from visual archive


I always realize how strange it is to say I'm a country girl or a city girl. I'm both and neither. In high school, when I told a teacher I was moving to Los Angeles, they laughed and said I was going to have so much culture shock. I didn't. Especially after I moved into a little Latin neighborhood. I was feeling sentimental and almost cried one time because one of the other people renting in the house was an old man who looked like a perfect mashup of two of my great-uncles who had passed when I was a kid, and he had the same breed of grandfatherly "Southern Hospitality" I grew up around. Was that the shock? That Mexicans are a lot like Southerners? It helped that those great uncles had Southern accents so thick that I didn't understand them when they were alive, despite it being English.

I grew up in a city, but I spent vacations on a farm. I even watched a horse give birth! I eventually moved to the countryside full time, but made weekly trips to the city. So, I… I don't know how fully I relate to Menko.

Menko is a country girl, but she yearns for city living. She is a bit worried about her weight and eats a lot of meat. She is mentally unstable and wants to escape her life.

Poor little Menko wouldn't make it in the city! She wears a tawny turtleneck sweater and black jeans with decorative overalls that just hit her fingers when her arms are resting by her side. She also wears headphones that are the same color as her sweater that have cat ears some reason. The headphones and her overalls both have the same glowing green arrow on them. 

She has green eyes and her face is perpetually flushed. Her black hair is pulled into two braids, fastened with a red bow.

Here's a random farm fact! Veterinarians are evolving with technology and are finding ways to make life easier. If cows need vaccines, veterinarians now can use dart guns to immunize them instead of getting up close to them. It blew my mind when I heard about them doing it. 

Okay. Here's a head canon. Just because you're living in the countryside doesn't mean you're a farmer. You can also just be some random person living in a trailer on an acre of land that doesn't have a Walmart within an hour's drive. But, I think that Menko helps out on her family's beef farm. She loves eating meat because she gets to see how it's made and personally has a hand in it. But, barn cats don't like her and her family doesn't have dogs because how would a dog stop anything from killing a cow? All her brothers are muscular because they're constantly putting out hay and fixing fences. She has no sisters, and her mother is gone. She has no one and eats to forget that.

She does try to befriend animals, but they just don't even think of liking her. She tries hard to bond with her family. She tries fishing with them, but she can't stand the boredom and the smell of beer. She just runs back to the farmhouse every time she tries to go with them.

But none of that is supported by her biography.

How is Menko Soukyoku's bank?



So, funny story. I wasn't the one who posted on the wiki that her OTOs are bad.

But they are.

But that's not it - her "n お" sample literally has her growling. I feel like there's an applicable stereotype here. Don't mess with country folk. They'll call you, invite you over, beat you up, then call the cops to have you arrested for trespassing. And it… works somehow?! Either that or kids pull one over on the only cop on duty by stealing sausages and never getting caught.

Menko sounds unsettled and will be difficult to use if you want to use her.




Where can I download Soukyoku Menko?


Her utau visual archive page has the link to her release video. She's difficult, but unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment