Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Wiki Wednesday #120 - 七色ナナコ / Nanako Nanairo

While writing the last article, the internet went out due to a rainstorm. I never set my computer to hibernate, but then I did. I jumped right back in, no problem! That was nice.

Wiki Wednesday #120 - 七色ナナコ / Nanako Nanairo


I was actually unsure what this UTAU was because it was made by "ニコニコデザイン部", which sounds big and officially! But nicovideo making their own UTAU sounded unlikely. I was avoiding Nanako because of that, but I finally looked it up. It's a group with around six hundred members. There's been a bit of drama with it, apparently. It's been through two or three official owners, and someone who just took over without the old guy leaving. At least, that's what it kind of looked like reading the nico dictionary with Google translate.

I believe it's kind of like someone on DeviantArt made a "DeviantArt Designers Club" with no input or direction from the company running DeviantArt. It sounds really cool and amazing and you want to be a part of it! And you can. You just join it.

But a name like that make this UTAU (which isn't their only UTAU) look way fancier and more important than she is.


Who is Nanairo Nanako?


From Official Art


I love her. She's eternally fifteen and I want to protect her from the evil world. I'd be the coolest aunt and we'd bake pastries together. Someone would bully her for her hair and I'd throw sand in their face. In this AU, throwing sand in people's face is legal. 

She is curious and energetic. She's powerful and she's a tomboy. Her most important skill is that she can come up with ideas and solutions easily. 

She loves searching for the end of the rainbow and visiting cafes.

Here's something that still kind of blows my mind. There is never an end of the rainbow, because rainbows are circles! Furthermore… there are quadruple rainbows. Triple and quadruple rainbows are extremely difficult to photograph. Single and double rainbows form away from the sun, but triple and quadruple form in front of the sun. To see them, you need to hold your hand out and blot the sun out with your thumb. 

But! If it's over water that is perfectly still and a reflective surface, you can get reflection rainbows. With a natural double rainbow over a calm lake, you can get two normal rainbows and two askew rainbows!

She loved rulers. She especially loves ones shaped like triangles! She loves basically any red food, but strawberries and apples most of all. She also loves herbal tea. Same! I love herbal tea way more than real tea. Herbal tea is so fun and fruity! Unless it's calm and minty. You can have either!

She can't stand anything with more than four legs, and she hates when women are catty backstabbers.

She never wants to settle down into a pattern. She wants her life to be dynamic and ever-changing. She wants a garden where the wind rustles the leaves. She wants her own house with her own yard with a wonderful husband.

Her other dream was to become an UTAU and an MMD model. And she did!

Her design and voice were decided on democratically. It wasn't just one chef!

I do kind of dislike the random… how do I say it? She looks fifteen and is locked in the mental age of fifteen. But one of her hobbies is fishing for men. That's not good. She dislikes women who are being Karens. If it said she dislikes underhanded people, that would be one thing. But it specifically said women. And she's a rolling stone who can't slow down, but she wants a nice "master (of a house, shop, etc.)". The phrase can informally be used for husband, but eh. I can kind of tell it was selected democratically, and there were probably more frustrated guys than anyone else. (Seriously? Fifteen, but she's actually twenty-five, so it's okay for her to fish for men??)


How are Nanako Nanairo's banks?

I only downloaded one of her banks. On the website and Wiki, it is listed as Custom. On download, it is listed as Tuned. It is all of her banks rolled into one. However, they are still distinct banks that you can download on their own. So, I'll treat them as such.

First is her CV bank. It has an average pitch of F4. The OTOs are insanely bad. It sounds so... Strange. I can't place why it sounds so strange. 




Next, we'll look at the whisper. Or, wisper. It is a one pitch VCV bank. If you download Custom, you need to use a "Wis" suffix. The OTOs could be improved, but I have no real problems with them.

It's strange. It's a quiet power bank.



Finally, we have her normal VCV.

I think it is the best of all of her banks. The quality is good, the pronunciation is good while still having a "character vocal". I was thinking this UTAU wasn't going to really be worth the download, but her normal VCV is.


Where can I download Nanairo Nanako?


All of her links are on her Wiki page. She is very unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment