Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, December 28, 2018

Forgotten Friday #1 - 時音タク / Tokine Taku, the Sixth UTAU

Who is Tokine Taku? Where can I download 時音タク? How long has this UTAU been forgotten?


Forgotten Friday #1 - 時音タク / Tokine Taku, the Sixth UTAU

I started my search. I ignored the Defoko clones, Momo, and Teto. The next entry was an UTAU I had never personally heard of. A quick search on YouTube reveals one video when you enter his Japanese name and another when you enter his romanized name. The most recent was posted long ago in 2010. Which is a long, long time ago in the terms of vocal synths as we know them.

Amazingly, I literally have no memory of this UTAU. It's extremely hard to even figure out what the design is supposed to be, so I'll just use the icon of the bot account that is still posting updates to this day.

Taku is owned by Tamago, who apparently hasn't posted since 2010. (However, that date might be later than their actual last posts as older Japanese blogs would use setting the date in the future to "pin" a post.)

The user behind the Taku bot account seems to really like him, seeing as that user made an MMD model for Taku.

What does Taku sound like?

Taku sounds really nice for an UTAU abandoned 2008.

If you want to get nostalgic for 2008 with a cute shouta (his age in his bio is 19, really), Tokine Taku is a great option.

How can I download Tokine Taku?

Quickly, I realized how lucky I was that NicoNicoPedia exists. All of his links and bio are on his NicoNicoPedia page. Two important notes. His OTO file does not come with the bank. The two separate links are for the OTO and for the bank itself. If you want to write your own OTOs, then only download the bank.

The second important note is to always turn your AdBlock on on Axfc. If you're not OK doing that, never open that site around anyone who doesn't want to see indecent images. There is so, so much inappropriate imagery on those ads. 

All you need to do is to type the password (it says PASS: on the NicoNicoPedia page) into the blank next to "キーワード: " on the Axfc page. The next part should be obvious. If your download doesn't start after clicking the text with English on it, click the link that says こちら. Sometimes you'll get errors and you just need to keep trying.

Hopefully someone finds Tokine Taku and falls in love! Out of over six thousand UTAUs, he was only the 6th.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure if I should mention this here but...Someone had made another oto.ini file designed for Tokine Taku (can be found here: https://ux.getuploader.com/uchinoneko/download/41/tokinetaku1.0-oto0.3.zip)

    It's a lot better than his official oto.ini in my opinion, and best of all, it can read in Romaji! Hope this info helped anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog, thank you for making it. Loved seeing all these old utau's again! :']

    ReplyDelete