Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 11, 2019

Forgotten Friday #3 - Inuhebi, the snake dog

Who is いぬへび? How can I download Inuhebi? What is Inuhebi even?

Forgotten Friday #3 - Inuhebi, the snake dog

Inuhebi is a compound word from "inu" for dog and "hebi" for snake.
Official Artwork Packaged with Bank
I remember hearing there was a Japanese fairy tale creature called Inuhebi, but all my Googling points back to the UTAU. His voicebank isn't bad, but it's nothing to write home about. It's a good CV bank.
The honest truth is that this is a case of nostalgia. That little snake dog was everywhere back in 2009. And for good reason! Look at this adorable MMD model!

Now here's the thing that blows my mind - Inuhebi was updated in 2014. That sample wasn't from a nostalgia trip from 2009 - it was actually from a bank from 2014! More amazingly, his creator, Inuhebi-P, is still active to this day.


I sent a Tweet to who I thought was Inuhebi-P asking if they wanted to record Inuhebi's VCV. It's late and my grammar was too poor to actually phrase the question properly. If Inuhebi gets a multipitch VCV, then surely everyone will remember and love the little snake dog, surely!

Where can I download Inuhebi?

Inuhebi's main page that is linked to on NicoNicoPedia is right here. Not only can you download the bank, you can also hear samples from every version on that page! The one I downloaded was "UTAU用いぬへびライブラリver0.41 8メガぐらい(2014年収録)" (yup! A pretty big mouthful!) 

Inuhebi has a cute voice, but for me it will always be the design that gives the UTAU a place in my heart. Memories of him hanging out with other ancient UTAUs in PVs will probably stay in my brain for years to come. He was the embodiment of wackiness in the earliest stages of UTAU. It was a design that was so simple, yet so unique. It's hard to find UTAUs with designs that have impacted me the way Inuhebi's has.

Hopefully, now that you know who Inuhebi is and where to find him, you'll love him too 😃

2 comments:

  1. Hi I know its been a few years since this was made but do you happen to have a copy of his voicebank? The site that hosted his download went down a few years back and I guess he went down with it. Not really expecting a response from something written around 2019 but idk. Figured i'd start here since you had had it before it went down. Anything helps!- Mac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go!
      https://u9.getuploader.com/inu_hebi/download/24/inuhebi_0.41.zip

      The website was backed up by the way back machine, and thankfully the getuploader was never deleted :D !

      Delete