Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Monday, January 7, 2019

Imaka Sara / 今歌サラ - Almost a USloid, but not quite - Recovered!

Who is Imaka Sara? How can I download 今歌サラ? How was Sara Imaka recovered?

Imaka Sara / 今歌サラ - Almost a USloid, but not quite - Recovered! 

So, let me start with a story. Long ago, Tomero Chii was looking for a voice provider for a future UTAU. Her name was Imaka Sara. (I've been studying kanji and I keep thinking the more correct jukugo reading Konka sounds so much cooler.)
Official art packaged with the bank

I kind of signed up because I thought it would actually be difficult to make an UTAU. I was impatient so I bugged MX to teach me how to make an UTAU. She recorded a tutorial just for me and I was like "Naw, Imma make BLYTHE ANAKA!" (the name was a placeholder, by the way. I didn't intend for her to have that name, heh.) 

The reason the title calls Imaka Sara not quite a USloid is because Tomero Chii was the one facilitating the search for voice providers. However, neither Zander, Chii, nor Amy showed up in any of the documentation in the bank itself. Only a defunct deviantArt for MangaAddiction (who I assume was the artist) and Neibaku (the voice provider) were credited. As I said, MangaAddiction's dA is defunct. Using WayBack machine gives a link to his tumblr. Neibaku is easily found, but has been inactive for a year. I would message her to ask about the possibility of Imaka Sara VCV, but she's inactive. 

What does Sara sound like?

She sounds like 2009.

If you're in the mood for 2009 Overseas Hard R's, this bank is perfect. Also, I can't verify this for certain but I'm pretty sure she stole Momo's OTO, as was the fashion of the time.

Yeah, I'm not kidding. People had no idea how OTOs worked, so they stole Momone Momo's OTO file. That would explain why there are no multipitch samples, but Imaka Sara's OTO has lines for multipitch files.
There is not a single file with an Up Arrow in her bank.
Also, stealing Momo's OTO explains this:
Also as the fashion of everyone in Chii's vicinity in 2009, her samples are around five seconds long. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, I'm just saying that it's really, really 2009.

Where can I download 今歌サラ?!

First, a warning. Her OTOs aren't good. They're really jacked up, and will need to be fixed. Maybe you can ask Rev to reOTO her and reup the bank with some cleaning. I know I was just USloid adjacent, but knowing how little of a flip Zander, Amy, and Chii give about UTAU now makes me say that you legit have their blessing to reupload this baby with modifications. 

Now that that warning is out of the way, you can find her bank by going to her UTAU Wiki page and going to the "Voicebank Distribution" section. Yes, it's reuploaded illegally. But as I said, no one involved cares.

I hope that finding Imaka Sara after nearly a decade makes at least one person happy! If not, I hope someone is at least amused that we thought stealing OTOs from Momone Momo was the right way to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment