Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, January 4, 2019

Forgotten Friday #2 - 雷歌ヒビキ / Raika Hibiki or HOW Is This So Forgotten?!

Who is Raika Hibiki? How old is Raika Hibiki? What is up with this awesome VCV?!

Forgotten Friday #2 - 雷歌ヒビキ / Raika Hibiki or HOW Is This So Forgotten?!

So, my rule was that if YouTube forgot about an UTAU, it is fair game. So, imagine the look on my face when I found this:


That is Raika Hibiki. And boy howdy! On YouTube, he doesn't seem that great. The most recent YouTube video as of writing is three years old, and I've already used it to disqualify Zakupo.

Who is Raika Hibiki? 

Released in November of 2008, Raika Hibiki is the 24th UTAU to ever be published. 
Image by 響P
As was the style of the time, he also had a Gender Bent version named Ibuki.
Image by ななしのよっしん
And there was a bit of a reason he got slept on.


Almost all of his oldest uses were just . . . off somehow? They reflected pretty poorly on the bank, which explains why he never became a Sora or Taya to Westerners despite newer banks blowing my mind.

Here's the super cool thing -

Not only is Raika Hibiki a multipitch VCV, there are several different versions. And this was all in and before 2010! With Ameya's new folder based alias system in the works, that means that these banks can be combined to make some awesome stuff! Seriously.

Usually, I post a SoundCloud sample of how the voice sounds. I honestly can't do it justice - scroll up and open up that NicoVideo link. I've tried embedding it but Blogger won't let me. It's legitimately mind blowing, though. 

How do I download his banks?

All links to the banks are hosted on the voice provider's blog. If your head hurts looking at tiny Japanese characters (hi, me too), all of the links are posted on his UTAU Wiki page. I think they're illegally posted there, but I'm not complaining when they made the text big enough to not hurt my head!

I hope someone falls in love with these banks and does them justice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment