Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, February 15, 2019

Forgotten Friday #8 - 螢歌ストラ / Keiga Sutora

Who is Keiga Sutora? Does 螢歌ストラ have a VCV bank? Where can I download Sutora Keiga?

Forgotten Friday #8 - 螢歌ストラ / Keiga Sutora

What do you get when you mix Akita Haru (the original design with a purple crop top, of course) and Suiga Sora? Keiga Sutora!
Official Image from Distribution Site
Keiga Sutora is a relatively unknown UTAU. His most viewed solo video on any platform has just over 1,770 views at the time of writing.




Amazingly, the most viewed video for him has a link to a defunct bank that you can no longer download. His most viewed video on YouTube seems to be a video from (who I assume is) his creator showing off his MMD model.



The Defunct Bank

The bank featured in his most viewed video, ver.2, is no longer available for download. What really stinks is that the bank in question is VCV! However, I have no idea how to contact his voice provider. Of course I just linked to 0500(io)'s YouTube page, but it has been deserted for five years! 

I have a few banks that I probably won't write about for at least six months because I want to give the voice providers plenty of time to recover the VCV banks before I write about the CV banks on the off chance they still might have them. (Waiting for you, Otono!) But as I said, I don't know how to contact 0500(io). Even if I did, the improvement between CV and VCV isn't enough to truly blow your mind. The world doesn't miss much if the only bank available is a two-pitch CV as opposed to a one pitch VCV. 

The Existing Bank

Let me start by saying that I was utterly giddy when I listened to the samples. There are two main ways a microphone can be "low quality". The first is that the microphone muffles everything and makes everything noisy. This is pretty much really, really common. The second way is that it makes everything "tinny". If you've tried listening to music on cheap speakers, you know the sound! Everything is very sharp and lacks bass. To replicate the sound, you can just use noise reduction or some really strong equalization.

So far, I haven't really written on any UTAUs that have been recorded on tinny mics. So when I heard this less-than-ideal mic quality, I was really excited. I like when UTAUs aren't perfect, man!

The accent, though, is really tripping me out.
All signs point to 0500(io) being a Japanese person from Japan. The palatalized consonants are palatalized, the "r" flaps are flaps, and the vowels are on point. So why does he sound like Kurane Zanda and Act 1 Akita Haru had a baby?! Voice type transcends accents, I guess!

Download Keiga Sutora

To download Sutora, you need to take a few extra steps to get the whole bank. First, you need to go to the blog post with the links. There are no hyperlinks, so you need to copy and paste the links (or click and drag!) into the address bar. Only the first two links work. The link for "ver.2.5" returns an axfc page that doesn't say the file is missing, but when I try to access it I get this:
Once you've downloaded as many of the banks as you can, you just need to move all of the files into the same folder! Once you do that, you're ready to have fun with Sutora!

Hopefully someone sees Sutora and decides to use him 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment