Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, March 22, 2019

Forgotten Friday #13 卵音マヨ / Tamagone Mayo

Where can I download 卵音マヨ? Who is Mayo Tamagone? Is it a joke on egg salad?

Forgotten Friday #13 卵音マヨ / Tamagone Mayo

I know better than to blindly trust the UTAU Wikia, as Japanese users have come out saying that it fabricates nonsense on occasion, but I'll make an exception. According to Mayo's Wikia page, she is a tiny android that likes hiding in refrigerators. It makes her sick, but she still does it. And no one knows why she likes refrigerators. 

Who is Tamagone Mayo?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
Mayo Tamagone was created all the way back in 2009 by Mayora. While Mayora has a Twitter account, it has been abandoned since 2018. Mayo has a genderbend named Mao.

She was slept on hard by the Western fandom. Searching her romanized name and her official name on YouTube bring up only two videos. One is Zander reposting NHP's OTO release video for Zanda and Mayo, and the other is another Nico repost. The links to the updated OTOs by NHP are long gone. Loda and Megaupload were the two places they were uploaded. Ouch! This is a bummer because the OTOs packaged with the bank are very, very 2009.

How is the bank?

There are two versions of Mayo available on her download page. I don't think there is much of a difference, so I'll only be using the 1.21 version and not the 0.02 version. 0.02 does not have an OTO at all, and I'm not here for making entire OTOs right now.

That being said, I love it.

It is extremely adorable! Also, because the samples are tiny, it doesn't take up much space on my computer. As much as I love giant VCV banks, tiny little CV banks are always fun to play with.

Where can I download Tamagone Mayo?

Mayo's download page is here. The link named "卵音マヨ 1.21" will allow you to download the bank I used.

This bank has a super adorable voice! I know using tiny CV banks is out of vogue, but hopefully someone on a retro kick will see Mayo Tamagone and try her out 🥚

No comments:

Post a Comment