Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #62 - UTAO!の羔=コルネ - Project UTAO!'s Kohitsuji Korune

I was sufficiently distracted when writing the other post and my dizziness went away. But then I got to a natural stopping point and it came back and I'm like, what do I do? What can I do? Go eat something? I mean, yes, but I don't want to gain all of the weight back. Just focus really hard on writing? I want to make it clear, I'm not starving myself. My stomach doesn't want more food, and I'm eating the right amount of calories. I'm just really dizzy.

Wiki Wednesday #62 - UTAO!の羔=コルネ - Project UTAO!'s Kohitsuji Korune

So, that's a wordy title. Her name is listed as (姓:コルネ 名:羔).  The word they use for surname is a fancy pants, beyond level 30 kanji on WaniKani. So, they... Used the Western order? The reading for her name was Western order? What about the equal sign? Generally, I really do try to take this all seriously and give the UTAUs the respect they deserve, but I can't consistently write that name. She's Lamb Cornet. Google Translate agrees with me, calling her Lam Corne. I can't even feel too bad considering all the weird readings I've ran into recently.

I'll use the given reading for the section headers, but I'm calling her Lamb.

Who is Kohitsuji Korune?

Official Art Packaged with Bank

So, this is some of the prettiest UTAU concept art I've seen. It looks like it belongs on a VOCALOID box. So, why isn't this girl famous?!

Well, here's the skinny. There are so many project UTAO! UTAUs. This isn't including the series with like thirty UTAUs that all sound the same or the instrument ones. And all of them (UTAO ongen), except one that didn't have a voicebank, qualified for Wiki Wednesday. There are collectives that can ride one member's stardom into the sunlight, but that's a bit rare and doesn't involve this many UTAUs. When you have this many UTAUs to look at, none really have a chance to shine. If Lamb wasn't a part of Project UTAO, Lamb probably would have a lot more banks and would have gained a lot more traffic.

So, that's enough on why is Lamb, let's go on to who is Lamb. The last line of her bio had me laughing softly to myself. I may have the translation botched a bit, but her tongue is blue because of blue lollipops. (The more direct translation is "lick lick candy", which is adorable.) However, she says it's always been that way. For some reason, I remembered some form of ruminant having a blue tongue naturally. However, a blue tongue is a (rare) sign of blue tongue disease. It's a rather serious illness.

She is completely apathetic to gender. She's really apathetic to everything. Her personality is really just sleepy. She speaks quietly and only uses the very, very most basic kanji when she writes.

I love this next part. I believe that the phrase "Meh" was popularized by The Simpsons. "Meh" is her catchphrase! But, you know, that's looking at the bio from an American viewpoint. In Japanese, "mee" is just the bleating of a sheep. 

I don't know why she's over a hundred years old or why Google Translate turns "bitter foods" into "mussel foods". But I totally get why she hates wolves and uses "boku" as her personal pronoun.

How is Kohitsuji Korune's bank?

Her bank is a one pitch, hiragana encoded VCV. The microphone quality isn't the best. When you listen to a section of silence, there is a mechanical whine to it. Though, the voice shouldn't be too affected as it is a soft bank. Perfect microphone quality can mess with soft banks as there isn't as much fuzziness to keep it soft. (There's an UtaLesson for you - if you can't afford an expensive mic, or you can't find a place that is quiet, record whisper / soft banks until you can get a neater setup. If you stick to that, people will think that the muffled nature is a choice and not a hindrance.)

Your behind knows that I am pulling out my Koe tester UST for this little lamb. Her average pitch is D4, and she doesn't sound voice acted despite sounding super cute.

I love this voice and I really wish I could get into contact with her voice provider, monoc, to ask her to just record more. I really, really love this bank.


Where can I download Kohitsuji Korune?

The fact that I didn't cut her sample to like four seconds shows how much I just adore this UTAU. I don't know if any taste-makers read this blog, but please, someone, use her. Love her! She deserves it so much!

To download her, go to her page on the Project UTAO! site. Please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment