Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #64 - 紅歌舞はつ / Akakabu Hatsu

Where is my cute veggie pun?! Radishes are red, but I mean, is that the most salient thing about them? Apples are red! Cherries are red! But this is red singing and dancing... I think Hatsu is just a name without any meaning. Not everything needs meaning, but I'm just bummed I took the time to find the veggie pun, and there was none.

Wiki Wednesday #64 - 紅歌舞はつ / Akakabu Hatsu

Another Vegedol article! I actually like this entire series quite a bit, and I'm tempted to just do all of them in a row. But that breaks one of my rules - don't just go through an entire series in a row because anyone who doesn't care about that series will have nothing to read for like half a year in the worst cases.

As I said earlier, there's no cute pun in the name. Hatsu's color scheme doesn't scream radish, but she has a carved radish on her head.

Who is Hatsu Akakabu?

Official Icon from Bank

"ふぁんふぁ" sounds like a really fun name. Hatsu is the only Vegedol they have lent their voice to.

A cute detail I didn't expect to see in an UTAU bio is that she likes knitting. Crafting is having a major resurgence. In high school, girls literally got in trouble for whipping out their knitting projects during class. So, an UTAU loving to knit isn't very strange in this day and age.

She's bad at tongue twisters and really likes Big Brother Turnip and Big Brother Daikon? I don't know who those are!

I have no idea what her full design looks like, but she apparently wears Lolita style clothing in addition to her radish ornaments.

There's a lack of interesting information, so I guess I need to think of something to write about... Being rural is awful when it comes to internet. Mine is consistently cut back for half the month because we have a fifteen gigabyte data cap. Thankfully, I think it's illegal to actually cut internet back to dial-up speeds now. Instead, they just put you at the end of the line when it comes to priority. Which is really awesome. At random times when no one is really using the internet, it's blazing fast, even though it is cut back. Because they're not limiting me, they're just letting everyone cut in front of me.

Before, though? They would limit you to dial-up speeds and block you from downloading things. I wanted to download Notepad++ and just broke down crying because the download (probably under 500 kilobytes) would just stop and break and I was so frustrated after trying like ten times. Why? Because it's not email or various images?? It was a nightmare. And when I was in high school? 7 GB cap up, 7 GB cap down, no way of monitoring it, and no way of increasing capacity. No unmetered time, and no off peak data. It was literally 7 GB of downloads, and you no longer have functioning internet. 

Doesn't that all sound literally illegal?! If we cough up like thirty more dollars a month, we can get a cap of 50 GB now. But, things are pretty tight now and I'm a little worried I'd lose my unmetered time or the speeds would be reduced. I'm fine dealing with this dumb system because I really feel best when I'm up during the unmetered time.

I don't have any story of the block next to me getting high speed and I don't. My closest neighbors are still cows. My grandmother doesn't even have municipal water, and she's just a mile away from me. (Even shorter if I hopped the fence and cut through a cow field, but I'm afraid of cows.) I completely get how rural I am and how silly it would be to run fiber to my house without the government stepping in. But... You've seen the government, right?

Anyway, back to the UTAU article.

How is Akakabu Hatsu's bank?

Hatsu technically has one and a half banks. What I mean by that is that she is a lite VCV with the CV and the lite VCV segregated into their own folders. You could technically use the lite VCV on its own if you remade the OTO, but it's easier to just use them as intended. The CV has the proper aliases so that you can use both banks at once by just selecting the  parent folder, as you would with a multipitch bank.

Her bank includes proof she isn't voice acting in any extreme sense, actually. Included in the bank are two omake files. The first is her recording a sample and then (maybe burping?) and stopping to laugh about it. The second is her messing up in a silly way, laughing, and then pointing out she messed up.

Now, I could be technical and point out flaws, but naw. I really like this bank. It's really sweet and cute and not every bank needs to be perfect to be loved.


Where can I download Hatsu Akakabu?

You can download Hatsu from the Vegedol download page

I know her being from a rather large collective hurts her chances of really exploding into popularity, but she is a good UTAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment