Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #63 - 終末の愛未 / Shumatsu's Ami

Feeling a lot better than I did before I started the last article. Thank goodness! Let me start by saying that I miss a lot of details when it comes to kanji until I actually look them up. It's a combination of a lot of factors, but most of the time, kanji look like varying blocks of grey when I'm on my computer. I set my phone so that the text is always huge, and I can put it up really close to my face. Pasting them into Jisho or Google Translate fixes that because the font is giant there, though!

Wiki Wednesday #63 - 終末の愛未 / Shumatsu's Ami

So, 末 and 未 aren't the same kanji. They look the same, but they aren't. Shuumatsu (with those kanji, I don't know where the extra u went in the romanized version) means the end. (Unless you're Google Translate, and then it's Apocalypse.) Ami has 未 , which means not yet as opposed to end. So Ami means not yet love?

Maybe this is all revealed when I look at the character information.

Who is Ami?

Official Art Lifted from the UTAU Wiki
Because seriously, how can you talk about Ami without seeing her bear?

髪留め means barrette or headband. It is said that she has a butterfly barrette or headband. Is that what that is supposed to be?! I can't think of a better word for it than barrette or headband, but I've never seen a barrette that's almost bigger than your head! But, it simply states that she has a teddy bear. You ever seen a teddy bear with arms that long?! I think I saw one on Wish, but those were the back legs, not the front!

She's a female ghost. I almost started to complain about how we can't have a single UTAU that's just a normal human until I realized that my UTAU was a ghost. (Which you'd actually only know about if you read the fanfics.)

She was born in 1930 and died at age 15. Which you know like... She has a cute backstory about love and a doll and an UTAU she loved but whose site has been lost to the sands of time.. But seriously, her death year was 1945?? And I assume she lived in Japan? That can't be an accident, right?

If you're wondering why I'm just in disbelief and unsure which of the options in my head is worse, 1945 was the year two atomic bombs were dropped on Japan. Unless she was born after August, she'd be fifteen when that happened. But there's no mention of that. Just her doll and her lost love. She could have died in any way possible, but why not bump her age up to sixteen or bump her birth year to 1929 to avoid this possible conclusion?!

How is Ami's bank?

Ami only has one bank available for download, despite having a 2 in its filename. It's a one pitch VCV with pretty good sound quality. For some reason, the track names of the files are weird and messed up. No idea how that happened.

The average pitch is E4, and she doesn't sound voice acted. I picked two random samples, and one was recorded at E4, and the other at C4. That's a really, really small nitpick that won't affect the quality of the bank, but I thought it was interesting.

She is really, really, really good. It's not my favorite voice type, but it slaps you in the face with how good it is. I mean, someone might say I'm overreacting, but it really is a good voicebank for a one pitch VCV. I'd actually be afraid adding pitches would detract from how good the single pitch is. I actually sent an email to the person running the site just to tell them how much I loved her voice. No offer to do OTOs for them, just to tell them how pretty it is.


Where can I download Ami?

I was going to link to her actual site, but I got a random blocked pop-up and chickened out. Here is her UTAU Wiki page, which has a link to both her official website and the bowlroll link to her only current bank. 

This is a really, really nice UTAU.

No comments:

Post a Comment