Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, June 26, 2020

Forgotten Friday #79 - 蛙屋フア / Kawazuya Fua

Guess who made new tester USTs! Since this is my blog, you probably answered me. And that's right! I had a lot of fun taking a break to make the new USTs. However... They were CVVC! That's not very useful for Forgotten Friday, and I can't write more Wiki Wednesday until I've got Forgotten Friday pushed out just as far. I did remake one of them to be CV, though! So that will help me out with Forgotten Friday! The UST itself is like twenty seconds, so that means that I can cut it up into different samples so that it's slightly less repetitive. So, yay! I wanted to make more, but I kind of... Don't actually know many Japanese songs from memory, and English is no help.


Forgotten Friday #79 - 蛙屋フア / Kawazuya Fua


Who is excited for Forgotten Friday?! I have Wiki Wednesday pushed to 2021, and... Well, this comes out in the sixth month of the year. Wiki Wednesday is like a box of chocolates. I know exactly what is in them, but there's nut clusters and nougat in the same box. Do I want caramels (one gigabyte banks)? I can do that! Do I want plain chocolate (one pitch CV banks)? I can do that! With Forgotten Friday... It's mostly just... Plain chocolate. Sometimes it's nice and I can find a random caramel thrown in, but it's mostly boring. When you're crunched for time, boring is good! It's fast! But when you're just like, wanting to really roll up your sleeves, it is less so.

Anyway!

Who is Fua Kawazuya?

official art from website

Adorable. That is who Fua is. I mean, look at the pastels! 

She is a seventeen year old woman. I think she lives in an observatory, but works part time at an office.

It says go to her distribution site for more details, but the details are not written out in text - they're on an image. I could read it, or I could make Google Translate scan the image and read it, but neh. It's something about loving cute things and gossiping about whatever. I spent like five minutes trying to figure out the radicals on one of the kanji on the image, and realized it was about bust size, and was already in the visual archive data. I'm not doing the best.

How are Kawazuya Fua's banks?


Fua has two banks: CV and VCV. Both are just one pitch. 

The OTOs of CV aren't the best, as the majority of liquid consonants are just cut really close. Thankfully, you can fix OTOs easily. If the same philosophy had been used while cutting the bank, it would be an entirely different story. The average pitch is F4, and it's not a bad bank.



(that's my new CV tester UST! It's of the song Fuyu no Ki, an UTAU original. It's really pretty, but also really hard to sing.)

Her VCV's average pitch is A4. Wow! That's a high pitch! There's things to be nit-picky about, like little clicks in "n" sounds. However, the OTOs are surprisingly good. There are issues with discrepancies in tone, but modern UTAU usually covers those up enough that you don't really notice.


Where can I download Fua Kawazuya?


You can download her from her official site. I'm kind of wondering if the VCV sounds less good than it normally would because the UST was specifically tuned to make CV banks really shine. Do I really prefer the CV, or did I give the CV an unfair advantage? I mean, if you know me, I like the CV because it has a bit of a deeper tone. It's an adorable UTAU with an adorable voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment