Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #65 - 相田そーた / Souta Aida

The reason the UTAU Wiki got the name wrong is because they didn't know how to write the "o" with a hat. I still haven't bothered to learn. The hat, though it may have been the wrong hat in one place, is used on Souta's website. So, it isn't meant to be Sota. Soota is another valid pronunciation, as I have griped about whenever I bring up Genki textbooks. There's valid reasons to use either Souta or Soota over the other, but I'll stick to Souta out of aesthetics. 

Wiki Wednesday #65 - 相田そーた / Souta Aida

Souta's filename has a mistake. UTAU is misspelled as "(UATU)", which looks like a kaomoji to me for some weird reason. (UTAU) does too when you put it in parenthesis now that I think about it... 

Souta's website is the most early 2000s thing to ever early 2000s. There are literally ironic mustaches littering the page. I can see an argument that it's a 90s aesthetic, but the ironic mustaches were a 2000s thing. (There's even glasses that I think say "1995"?) With the design, I think it's possible it was meant to blend into the late 2000s because of the whole legwarmers and Hot Topic outfit thing. To which you can point out that Japanese people probably generally don't know Hot Topic exists and that the world isn't America, Mae. To which I say, I'm just trying to pin down what the aesthetic looks like! Japan had different media, and maybe that's what Japan looked like in 1995.

Who is Aida Souta?

Official Art Packaged with Bank

Souta is an eleven year old boy whose voice provider is 菊花. 

The font on the site is nearly impossible to read for a beginner and there really isn't much to say. Is Souta a furry? (I doubt it.) Is he a time traveler? Is that what kids dress like now?

I really didn't think I'd have to pad out this article, but the only information that I might not already know is extremely hard to read font in an image so I can't copy and paste!

When I was in middle school, I wanted skinny jeans more than anything else. I rarely have an urge to go one hundred percent femme, but when I do, I really do. I wanted to go from that genderless lump of Invader ZIM hoodie to a cool emo chick.

I was conscious of my weight. Life at home was kind of not that great and I ballooned up to a pretty uncomfortable number. Every time I tried on skinny jeans, I couldn't fit into them. Even the biggest sizes couldn't get around my thighs. But there was a girl at school who had a collection of skinny jeans and never wore any pants that weren't skinny jeans. The only reason I bring up her weight is because she was larger than me, but she had skinny jeans! I never asked her where she got them, so I was just stuck trying on jeans and feeling sad until I gave up on the fancy pants clothes stores for hip young people (haha, calling Forever 21 fancy.) I went into Hot Topic and bam! I found skinny jeans that fit! I didn't think it was possible! But I finally did it!

I wore my skinny jeans and knee high combat boots almost every chance I got. I paired it with a pointless hairband with a giant bow and raccoon eyeliner. I was still getting my hair done at that point, so I had an emo cut with random white chunks. I was so emo. 

How is Souta Aida's bank?

Souta Aida has a one pitch VCV. I swear, the voice provider had to have heard my friend SRS's UTAU, Psycho, because this is literally the same voice. (Okay, I mean figuratively.) 

What I'm saying is that this bank is for a very specific niche, and most people won't be into that.


Where can I download Aida Souta?

You can download Souta from his download page

If you like the voice, you'll enjoy using Souta. He's a high quality UTAU for this kind of voice. But if you don't... You won't really enjoy using this bank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment