Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #67 - 誠音デージー / Deiji Makotone

I started a poll on my Twitter that will be finished by the time this article goes live. I just asked at what stage people just give up on releasing banks they promised. For me, the answer was always that I just didn't record them. It was rare that I actually recorded something and didn't post it, and it was more rare for me to announce I was working on a bank period. I was the kind of person who could do an entire pitch of VCV in forty-five minutes flat, though. Even my final voicebank, I released. I was done, done, done at that point and didn't OTO it, but I released it


Wiki Wednesday #67 - 誠音デージー / Deiji Makotone


I was so worried when I searched my download folder for this kid. I only had two banks out of the several that were available. But luckily, I had no intention of making a Spanish tester UST, let alone a Finnish one, and the rest of the Japanese banks from 2017 were packaged into one archive. Lucky me! 

The little blurb at the top is in reference to the five promised voicebanks on the UTAU Wiki page that were slated for 2019. It is no longer 2019, as it is 2020. UTAU is a hobby, and it should come last in your life priority list. If you promise to spend hours and hours on something and have to back out, do it without shame. If it's not fun anymore and you don't want to finish what you started or deliver on what is slated to happen... No one is paying you. Until someone trades goods or services for your goods or services, there is no contract. Sure, saying "I promised to OTO your ten pitch English VCV, but now UTAU is lame and dumb and I won't" can be a big shock to the person you made the promise to... But, really? Are they paying you? A true friend would understand that priorities change and UTAU is just a hobby. 

So, thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

(PS: if they are paying you, there's an exchange of goods and services and you need to hold up your end of the bargain.)

Who is Makotone Deiji?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank

I absolutely adore this design. Hands down, it is so adorable. I'm actually a little shocked, though, because Deiji sounded like a masculine name to me. I somehow expected it to be a male UTAU with a green and black color scheme from the name.

No one that I have seen has explained the name, but I think I figure it out. First, "ji" = "zi". So, what is a Deizii? Daisy! Her name is adorable and she is adorable. But, there's already plenty of things named Daisy, so leaving it as "Deiji" was a pretty good idea. 

Her character item is lemon. She is a loud goofball and is clumsy. She likes outdoor activities and Autumn. Despite her young looks, her canon age is eighteen as of now, though it was previously sixteen. 

How are Deiji Makotone's banks? 

 Deiji has several banks available to download. However, as I have no interest in taking the time to make Spanish or Finnish USTs, I only picked up the Japanese banks. The ones I picked up were Extend and V2. Extend is a combination of all of the Japanese banks from 2017, including an English bank. V2 is a tripitch with an extra whisper bank for whispering parts.

I'm really, really happy for Extend's existence. Instead of downloading several banks and testing each one, I have a package that converted each append into a "pitch" for use with the prefix map. However, using extend means that I need to dedicate 700 megabytes of disk space to her. (With V2, she comes to about 1.3GB.)

If you have less space, she does have the separate appends for the 2017 banks up for download to save space, but she doesn't have this feature for the 2018 bank. But, you know, you're always free to just delete the parts you don't care about and use any of it as a one pitch.

So, let's start with the basics. Her higher pitches are extremely adorable. Though, in clicking around her samples to pick which UST to use, I noticed that there may be some differences in noise due to sample volumes being different, but UTAU has improved a lot, so it's likely nothing will be noticeable at all.

For extend, the OTOs are "meh" and there is no prefix map set up. (aaa)

I love it. I really love it. The voice is clear and adorable, and the transitions between each pitch are so smooth and I love it. My hard drive is really lucky that all of the USTs I'm working on are CV only, because I don't think I have room for 700 megabytes of this adorable little baby, no matter how great she is!




The next is V2. I have no idea why, but I just feel like I like Extend more, but I can't really pick out the differences? I felt crazy like UTAU was pulling a prank on me, because it sounded so similar!



Where can I download Deiji Makotone?


You can get Deiji from her official site. If you have the space for her, get Extend and love it as much as I want to be able to love it! I feel like I messed up and included an UTAU that actually has thousands of views due to being bad at searching YouTube because she is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment