Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #66 - 歌手音ルル / Lulu Utatane

Oh no! I've spent so much time realistically tuning USTs for CV banks, I've ignored VCV USTs! I mean, don't get me wrong; the only thing that really changes in the conversion is envelopes. But perfect CV envelopes translate to wonky VCV envelopes. Oh well. I still have plenty of old tester USTs that are perfectly well and good for VCV. 


Wiki Wednesday #66 - 歌手音ルル / Lulu Utatane


Hello, Wiki Wednesday! It feels like it has been forever since I spent time on you. I was rushing to catch Forgotten Friday up, and I forgot how much nicer it is to write these articles.

I really hope there will be way less off topic blabbering because there's more information to go off and more banks to test out. Sometimes I'm in the mood for sharing a dissertation on roasting vegetables, but not really right now.

Who is Utatane Lulu?


Official Icon Packaged with Bank

As she is a furry, I respect Lulu's right to enjoy BBQ ribs and to hate vegetables.

I said I wasn't going to just go on and rant, but I kind of feel like this is a good place to share something that blows my mind. Herbivores eat meat. I think the best analogy is that feeding an herbivore meat is like feeding someone with gluten intolerance a doughnut. Are either of us well equipped to digest it? No, it will give us tummy troubles for sure. But, sometimes you just have those days where you will trade an hour or two (or four on and off throughout the day...) on the toilet for an entire box of doughnuts.

Would both of us eventually suffer grave health consequences if they only ate meat and gluten intolerant people only ate doughnuts? Most likely, yes. But, we grow up thinking that herbivores have some magical ability to never, ever even think about eating meat. Instead, they see easy meat and think "Oh! Special snack!"

Anyway, Lulu is soft spoken, but mature. She has a deep connection to mystical creatures.

How is Lulu Utatane's bank?


Lulu has two banks that I could get my hands on: Normal and Sugar. A third bank was planned and may have been released, but the website listed for Lulu was 404'd. She was part of my eight gigabyte binge, so I was more busy just racking up a high score than actually taking time to comb though the voice provider's social media. So, I'm not relooking at this point.

Anyway, the banks are both romaji encoded, one pitch VCV. Thank the good Lord, the OTOs look uniform and not Moresampler. I do not want to deal with dang Moresampler VCV OTOs today! 

The first bank is Normal. It is described as cutesy. I believe the official art was made specifically for the Normal bank, and the Sugar bank uses art that makes Lulu into an entirely different character. (With my limited knowledge of biology, I really believe that the two versions aren't even the same species. Sugar Lulu is obviously a house cat, whereas OG Lulu seems to be either a Bobcat or a Lynx. You can say that Sugar Lulu is just a kawaii big cat that has the less desirable features of big cats changed to resemble house cats, but that's not thinking like a biologist!)

So... Remember how I said the OTOs were uniform and I was not okay with Moresampler today? Well, that was only sugar. OG Lulu has mistakes, such as "e て" not existing. The alias exists, but it's really "- て" with the wrong alias. It will make the right sound, of course, but it's not VCV. And after years of not seeing it, I've gotten like two "invalid picture" errors in a week.

For all that complaining, the voice is really, really adorable and fits the design really well. She could be used better if the OTOs were redone, but I'm not here for that today.



Next is Sugar. I like it better.


Where can I download Utatane Lulu?


You can download Lulu from her UTAU Wiki page. This is a really nice UTAU with a really nice design. It's worth adding to any furry UTAU collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment