Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 10, 2020

Forgotten Friday #81 - Haruhiko Michea / 晴彦ミチェア

Here's a fun fact about this name! So, Ruto.yu has it stylized as 晴彦Michea. The Wikia says that the Japanese is simply 晴彦 . The katakana version is just a small line in the name origin box, and nowhere else. The name Michea actually comes from the voice provider's last name. Or, you know, it comes from what he says his last name is, because people can make up their last names online!


Forgotten Friday #81 - Haruhiko Michea / 晴彦ミチェア


I had this UTAU mixed up with a different one in my head. I have no idea who the other UTAU is, aside from her design. All Meiko dress red with brown hair, and a girl. So, I literally can't remember this one, because I thought it was a different one.

Alright, I coherently got through last week's article, but like, okay so... I have a bit of a morbid goal with this blog. I want to push it out so far, that if I pass, people will feel so weird and haunted when articles are coming out for ten years after I scuttle off of my mortal coil. My quick typing things into a calculator math tells me that if I wrote four articles a day for 260 days, I would achieve pushing it ten years into the future. That's really unworkable. However, like, I think I will become less coherent as time goes nyoom for a bit, because like, I'm at "eating canned frosting as ice cream" level of worrying right now. But, I only have Forgotten Friday pushed out a month and I want it to be longer than that so that I can forget about it and not worry for a month or so, I guess.

I will follow the rule: picture, sample, link. Every article will have a picture, a sample, and a link. I'll also throw in my personal rule of "over 600 words". Requiring three nouns to make an adjective will make that easy, but I hope I don't get to that level of not all there in my head. 

So! Less housekeeping and more UTAU reviewing!

Who is Michea Haruhiko?


Icon Packaged with Bank

First, let me start by saying that I have no idea which is supposed to be the surname here. Because the name on the Wikia is meant to be first name last name, but the name in Japanese is last name, first name. Ruto didn't even try to make Michea Japanese... So is the UTAU actually named ミチェア晴彦? Like, I'm lost here. Michea is the voice provider's last name, so surely that's the surname. But, it's so common that the given name is in katakana, and the surname is in kanji. I mean, we do know that Haruhiko is a genderbend of some anime character's name, so that means it's surely the given name... It's just... It's just confusing.

Haruhiko is Chilean. Her loves everything UTAU except for Inuhebi, who he is afraid of. Also, his birthday is Agost 13, 1994. I'm around that age, also! His age is 13. Which actually isn't possible. He was released in 2010, and I was like... sixteen by then. (The only reason I know I was an UTAU user in middle school is because I made the absolutely hilarious joke that someone who was just making random, abrupt noises for humorous purposes that they needed an oto.ini and the guy just stared at me like, completely confused about the random sequence of phonemes coming from my mouth.)

He's quiet until someone gives him attention. After that, he won't stop speaking. Now, on to the banks!

How are Haruhiko Michea's banks?


I didn't check farther than the UTAU Wikia page as the given website is 404. He has three banks and I don't understand. Two are listed as "vc" and one is "vc-vcv". I was really psyched to use my new CVVC USTs, but then I looked at his folders and... two are CV and one is VCV? On closer inspection, his vc - vcv bank has separate VC samples that are recorded as "tandokuon" with no VC aliases in the VCV. 2.1 just... has like four VC samples? His deluxe bank just doesn't have VC at all.

Did he confuse VC for CV?? He did add VC to the VCV, but he added them by recording extra...? I... I don't know.

Let's start with 2.1. It is his whisper append. The files are so soft, I couldn't even hear them when I played them on Windows Media Player (as one does). It's really strange! I don't think it would be the best for most purposes, but I don't know if I've ever heard a bank that is more faithfully a "whisper append". I usually don't apply and effects to the samples, but I had to use normalize on it because it was so quiet. I do like it, if I could find the appropriate song for it and mixed it with a different bank for multi-expression. 


Deluxe was released after the VCV bank, but I do like to plop together CV and CV, and put VCV last as a rule, just because that's kind of how websites do it.

His voice in Deluxe is meant to be that of a young boy, but the average pitch is F3. Okay so like, you know those problematic romance animes back from the 2000s? Ya know, how there's a big tall guy who is half drawn as a flat chested woman and is all cool and calm and junk? This sounds more like that guy than a young guy.



Now, I'm at a crossroads. Do I make use of my shiny new CVVC UST, or do I use his VCV as intended? If your answer was "The VC is incomplete and broken"... you'd be right! I don't know what I really expected. I mean, I saw VC and expected it to be one thing, but that thing was entirely unrealistic. It's also missing ぎゅ. I... I really need to check my expectations at the door.

There are just so many small and strange mistakes made when recording this bank, and I'm confused.  If there weren't the weird stuff, it would actually be a really, really good bank.


Where can I download Michea Haruhiko?


You can download him from his Wikia page. If there hadn't been any mention of VC, I would have been blown away by this UTAU... but, like, I really wanted to use CVVC today, and now I wasn't able to, and that's not fun. Having expectations and then losing them. I could easily make a CVVC bank from his VCV, of course, but that would take a lot of time and effort for something that was getting tossed out the window as soon as the article was done. If you're in the mood for fixing stuff up and adding together stuff to get multi-expression banks, then this UTAU is for you!

2 comments:

  1. Yo soy el proveedor de voz de haruhiko te envito a escuchar sus nuevas actualizaciones en mi sound clound


    https://soundcloud.com/kikaito/utaufreely-tomorrow-shortharuhiko-vcv-g3-test-mitchie-m?ref=clipboard

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://soundcloud.com/kikaito/utaufreely-tomorrow-shortharuhiko-vcv-g3-test-mitchie-m?ref=clipboard

    ReplyDelete