Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #73 - 寿吹ふく/ Fuku Kotobuki

2/5. I really want to be tuning USTs now, but I can't. My allergies are being a jerk. I'll wake up and feel pretty normal... then I run into my parents and they ask how I'm doing. I just open my mouth and go "crroaaak". (Okay, not really that severe. I just don't sound normal at all with my voice being really deep.) So, no singing, no USTs. Besides, I'm playing this really silly game to keep my spirits up while writing articles.


Wiki Wednesday #73 - 寿吹ふく/ Fuku Kotobuki


So, this is one of those UTAUs where there's not really much to say. It has its own website all to itself. But, only one bank... An extremely sparse bio... Well, I feel like I should bail and go with a bank that has ten different appends to be more interesting... But I have to write about less interesting UTAUs sometimes, and putting it off just means coming back to it later. And I'm playing that silly game, so I need to knock stuff out pretty fast. I just... I'm not in as much of a ranting mood. 

Anyway, here's Conway Twitty. (hehe... Family Guy.)

Who is Kotobuki Fuku?


Official Art Packaged with Bank


Her character is Pheasant's-eye. What is that, you may ask? It's a flower. Her name, appearance, and birthday were determined by a flower.

What personality does she have? Well, the scientific name of Pheasant's-eye is Adonis annua. Who is Adonis? Don't... ask? Of course, if you limit it to family friendly stuff, it's not bad. His mother was a tree, and he was so insanely handsome, actual gods fought each other to be his wife. But... Don't ask why his mother was a tree. You probably know that Greek mythology is beyond messed up. Considering Fuku looks like a sweet and caring woman, I really doubt that there was any intention to link her to Adonis in any way.

So, we have no idea what her character or temperament is meant to be based on her bio.  I mean, her character image seems to give us clues at least. Her clothes look very traditional, and she doesn't wear shoes. For a cartoon character, she looks very wise beyond her years, even at twenty-one years old. She probably spends most of her time digging around in her garden. She's practical and has most of the space dedicated to food that will be pickled and canned to get through the winter, but she has a small patch of land dedicated to her beautiful flowers. Those flowers are her everything as a homely woman who would be lucky if her parents arranged a marriage for her. But, they have left her to be alone in the home. She just has her garden and a deep anxiety towards the changing of the seasons. 

Or, her design is just a drawing based off of a flower and there's no deeper meaning. It's just the picture that pops up on the screen when she sings.

How is Kotobuki Fuku's bank?


Amazingly... pretty amazing! It's a two pitch CV bank with ending breaths. The transition isn't as seamless as one would hope, but that's nothing to worry about. Just slap an up arrow wherever the lower pitch sounds wonky. I had to edit the prefix map to get enough of each pitch for it to be a good representation.

Fun, fun fact. This bank has aliases for only the notes with the up arrow suffix. If those aliases didn't exist, the prefix map wouldn't work. However, in a previous article, I showed how to instantly add aliases with setparam. This has the aliases for the high notes entered manually.

The recordings aren't perfect, but they have just the perfect amount of noise to keep the voice sounding... I'm not sure about the words, but to sound... grounded, maybe? It's consistent and it sounds good. Also, it fits the character design really well.


Where can I download Fuku Kotobuki?


You can download her from her download page. I really, really like this UTAU! I hope more people use her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment