Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, July 31, 2020

Forgotten Friday #84 - 和奏悠 / Yuu Wakana

I know for a fact that this UTAU isn't illegal! Yay! I mean, that should hold true for every UTAU I cover, but you know... Who even knows in this mixed up world where you can't just trust people. Reminds me of a time when someone figured out how to manipulate me so well, that I defended them blindly, just do find that they had done to me what others had accused them of. And I was like "but like... do... I even?" And I done did and it was awful and was just bad decisions until I gave up... a decade later. And the best part? Ain't no one going to read this thinking it's them, because ain't no one going to read this who done did anything like this. 


Forgotten Friday #84 - 和奏悠 / Yuu Wakana


So, I had no memory of this UTAU, but then I saw the blog of the person who made this UTAU, the piano-chan, and I was like... I know them! I really think I know them! And then I rolled through my mental Rolodex and was like... Did I know them? Because I remember them being one specific person. I think I used one of their UTAUs. But I went through my videos and saw... I used a lot less UTAUs than I thought I did apparently? I mean, I had hundreds or something, and I did make a 100 UTAU Chorus at one point.

So yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't know this person at all. Unless... no. That makes no sense either. Because, I like, The UTAU's name feels so insanely familiar also, but like... Anyway, picture section.

Who is Wakana Yuu?


Official Icon Packaged with Bank

I believe that Yuu is a cis woman who dresses as a man? I think? Or agender or GNC in general? Her character item is ace bandages, so...

The significance of that is do not bind your chest with ace bandages. Today, there are commercially available binders that will bind your chest and make it flat. You can't live in them twenty-four-seven, and they do make things like breathing a little difficult. However, they're generally safe. But before people could buy binders, people who had a feminine chest and wanted to hide it tended to use things like Ace Bandages. This was awful. If you want to see a small bit of the pain of being trans before it was even mildly accepted by society, look up the damage caused to trans men by binding with Ace Bandages. It's very disturbing and involves tissue death.

She has a weird superiority complex about her glasses for some reason. I bought mine off of the internet since Obamacare didn't cover vision. They're pretty cool, but they're really heavy. My only real complaint about Zenni glasses (because heavy glasses comfort me by making me feel like my face will stay on my head) is that they are nearly impossible to clean. I have to wipe them with a cloth, put dish soap on them, and then wash them. I can't use a cloth to dry them because it will just make new smudges, so I just walk around with water drops on my glasses. It really helps to put the dish soap in a foamy soap dispenser so that you can spread it around more easily.

Her name is really cool. Wakana means harmony, because she likes singing backup to being the lead vocalist. Yuu comes from the fact that her original bank sounded wonky.

How is Yuu Wakana's bank?


There was only one bank that I found. I think she's actually discontinued, because she's not on thepianochan's new blog. But, ya know, nothing says I can't use the bank I downloaded from the Wikia, even if she's abandoned!

She is meant to be recorded with an androgynous voice and is a CV bank with a few random consonant recordings thrown in. Her average pitch is G#3. 

Some of her consonants are eaten - which means cut too close to the point of being indiscernible. However, most of the issue actually comes from the OTO file. The consonants are literally cut out with the right blank for some reason? Once you fix those issues, she is a really good bank with a voice type that matches her design and character perfectly. 


Where can I download Wakana Yuu?


You can download her from her Wikia page. She's a nice UTAU. I realized that since she is gender non-conforming, I should probably change all of the "she" and "her"s to "they" and "their"s, but thankfully, her wikia page uses female pronouns for her. Whoo! I need to make sure to verify that before I write the entire article next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment