Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #74 - 三音二 / Ni Sanne

3/5. I promised myself I wouldn't download any more UTAUs until I had seriously take a dent out of the ones I had... But I contacted the voice provider of this UTAU over Twitter about the downloads. The CVVC link was replaced with the CV link. They fixed it up right quick! So I thought, I gotta be respectful and use that knowledge now that I got it! I'm bad at stopping myself from downloading things.


Wiki Wednesday #74 - 三音二 / Ni Sanne


So, I don't very much have much to say. This UTAU has a pretty complete biography, so I won't just have to go on a tangent on the meaning of the lack of shoes.

So! Article!

Who is Sanne Ni?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank

Sometimes, I see one line in a bio and I instantly think "I love this UTAU and I love the creativity used to create it!" 

On the UTAU Wiki, there's a conversion error. I've been checking the BMIs of UTAUs that list their height and weight recently just to see how different the BMI is from the presented image. UTAUs tend to be underweight. So, imagine my shock when an UTAU was listed as being fifty pounds at five feet tall! That's like... she would be in a hospital at that point, even if she is twelve years old. Thankfully, the weight in kilograms was included. At around 97 pounds, she has a healthy BMI of nineteen. 

Now, her likes and dislikes are a little confusing. First, she is part robot and part mermaid. Her birth was a miracle. I don't need to pry into the magic system that made that possible, because sometimes you gotta just let the story be the story without worrying about the details. She can control water and grow fins at will. I want to assume that when she grows fins, she also grows gills to be able to swim in the ocean. But do robots require oxygen? I understand her hating getting wet as a robot. My phone is water resistant, but I still freaked out just a little when I spill water on it. She also loves hypnotism, and hates being treated like a child. She has almost no friends because she is constantly working at the family restaurant... But she will make sure to tease any friends she does have!

She speaks with an undefined foreign accent and is really flirty with all of the boys. She loves asking boys if they have a girlfriend. I like to imagine the second a boy responds well and tries to go in for a hug, she runs away because she didn't expect it to get that far!

(Note: my weird inability to read caused me to miss out on the fact that she's flirting with men, and not boys. This is a good time to point out that Lolita was not a love story. Poor Dolores never flirted with Humbert Humbert. It was about grooming, and that is very bad, damaging, and illegal.)

How are Ni Sanne's banks?


Of course, I'm ignoring the VC portion of the CVVC bank. Getting it to sound better than it would with just CV would be too much effort. So, both banks will be tested as if they were simply CV.

Ni has two banks. The first is a one pitch, romaji encoded CV bank. The bank has short samples and is rather small at seven megabytes unzipped. The CVVC bank is a hiragana and two mora. It is also only one pitch. I feel like I would get so bored recording two mora CVVC. I do see how much easier it would be than five mora, but it's all about what you find fun and easy to do.

Starting with the CV bank, the bank actually sounds Japanese. Like, if I hadn't just talked to MewKwota, I'd assume that they were just some random Japanese user who doesn't speak English. The art is really high quality, and the voice is really high quality. 

I completely adore this UTAU.



It seems like Ni Sanne's CVVC is actually lacking one of the defining features of CVVC (VV), while throwing in random VCV as the list permits. The reason this is iffy is just because of the inconsistency of one random smooth sample followed by a regular CV sample.

The recording quality so so clear, it sounds like there's almost no noise at all. However, there is a trade off. The CVVC sounds slightly more muffled and nasal. The CVVC handles lower pitches insanely well compared to the CV. I think I prefer the original CV, but this isn't saying one is better than the other (if you need to use anything lower than the average pitch, you need the CVVC), I'm just saying that I have no use for VC samples and I think the original is slightly clearer. 


Where can I download Sanne Ni?


You can download her from the Panloid official site. She is such a cute and sweet UTAU!! I hope more people use her!

No comments:

Post a Comment