Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #76 - 想音リイ / Lee Omoine

5/5! Day one of my silly experiment, and I reached the goal! I think originally, making a tie wasn't winning... But, ya know, I think doing a tie is the proper intention as opposed to always winning. Balance... or... something. No telling when I wake up tonight, so maybe I will change my tune and do more tonight. Maybe not! Who even knows.


Wiki Wednesday #76 - 想音リイ / Lee Omoine


So, this entire character can be summed up from one line in the readme:
名前の由来:想→そう→うそ→嘘/緑(ミク)→りゅいそぉ(中国語)→リイ
The heading is "origin of name". And the wordplay does not translate to English in the slightest. Okay, so.. Actually, I have no idea if it even holds up in Japanese. So, her surname is "Concept Sound". The kanji is read as "sou". What is "sou" backwards when accounting for the mora structure of Japanese? "Uso". What is Uso? A lie. What is a green lie? Miku. (No, neither uso nor midori have a reading that smushes together to become Miku.) Uso-Midori has on'yomi of... no, they don't. The reading of "lie" in Chinese is "xu". The reading of "green" is "lu". But anyway, the green lie Miku somehow has something to do with the phrase "ryuisou", which is where her given name comes from.

I... Don't... know? I sent a Tweet to the manager about it.

Who is Lee Omoine?

Official Art Packaged with Bank

Do you notice something familiar about that art? Maybe a specific pose? Yeah, this Japanese UTAU just weeaboo'd as hard as a weeb can weeaboo. Their OC is a defective Miku from China. Is the voice provider from China? I don't think so. Is the manager from China? I really don't think so. Where does China come into this?! Well, of course, because why else would a defective Miku come from? 

So yeah. There isn't any tom-foolery. The bank is fully original, and is of extremely high quality for what most overseas users would think of as a poop-post by the time this bank was released in 2014.

So yeah.

How is Omoine Lee's bank?


Well, it's not very full because she hates money. (hahaha...) Kidding. It's a one pitch CV that seems to have a lot of extra samples. What are the extras for? Maybe Chinese? But there's no samples to do the endings, so that's not really it either. Or they thought that was it? I don't know.

Here's the think about cute voices. They're really hard to do. We actually do have proof that her voice provider can do a really cute voice. But, it's not the Miku voice that they wanted for the defective Miku. So, we got something that sounds a little... well. A little like the voice provider was struggling. If you wanted this voice type, because you like this voice type, then it's awesome. But if you went in expecting Miku... Well, you got Susuko'd. 


Where can I download Lee Omoine?


Well, you can download her from her download page. For the lulz, I tweeted at the voice provider asking if they wanted to record VCV. Why? Because why not. You want to know what would take this UTAU from weird to meta? A full, kire VCV bank, a several pitch whisper VCV append, and I don't know... whatever people think an UTAU needs to be super dope these days. 

I'm actually like fifty words away from reaching my quota. The tom-foolery behind this whole mess was so dang high, I just got exasperated. The problem is just more so that I don't know how seriously to take it. This is the same collective where someone was assassinated, uploaded into a computer, and then basically adopted a construct of a human who is traumatized to the point that he can't sleep at night. And then there's orange Miku. Why? What does this have to do with demons and vampires and sapient computer programs? Did the voice provider want to make orange Miku, or was her arm twisted behind her back to be orange Miku?

There are too many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment