Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, August 28, 2020

Forgotten Friday #88 - 水歌ナツ / Mizuka Natsu

Let me start by saying that AXFC is a freaking jerk. I use adblock, and the site doesn't limit me because of it. Which is great, because it had the worst ads to show up on a family computer years ago. Ya know, when there stopped being random popups of real people, but the anime characters made it even worse? No idea if that's gotten better. No, the reason it's a jerk is because you can try to download a file ten times, and then come back an hour later and it downloads the first time. And it's not that it's an old server or anything. They just recently added "ape" and "pepper". So, if anyone can explain why the files just randomly go to different servers that don't want to work... Like, it's a problem.


Forgotten Friday #88 - 水歌ナツ / Mizuka Natsu


Natsu has her own distribution page! Hurrah! And she has a biography that states more than her outfit!

Who is Natsu Mizuka?


Official Art from Bank

The design up there is Natsu's second design. I prefer the previous one, but putting the old one up instead of the new one would be like converting VCV to CVVC. (heh)

Natsu has orangey hair pulled back with a bow and wears short, blue shorts. Her shoes are strange, as shoes are difficult to draw. She is wearing a sky blue collared shirt with no sleeves. Her eyes more or less match her shirt. Her shirt has a prominent zipper and her bracelet is orange and black. She has that weird belt thing that Kagamine Len has, only this time green. 

I can't tell what it is exactly, but she has a red tattoo on her upper arm where all of the Crypton VOCALOIDs have their tattoos. Hers either says "7" or ”ワ". 

She loves watermelon and her personality is... hentai? She has cat ears and a cat tail. She claims to be good at cooking, but she mostly uses powders. 

This is the second UTAU that I've covered recently that just out and said the UTAU was a hentai. And I'm here like, does this mean something else in Japan? Because I hear hentai and think of lecherous, disgusting people. Do they use it to say that they have a "kink"? Like, they like doing things that are slightly abnormal? It's the difference between calling the cops and rolling your eyes, ya know?

How is Mizuka Natsu's bank?


The reason I started with that rant was because I could only download one bank. However, she only has three files associated with her. 1.0, 1.1 patch, and 1.1. The only difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is the files in 1.1 patch. So, there's only one bank. It makes no difference I couldn't get a hold of the other two in this instance, but it's still annoying to play that game.

Her OTOs are amazingly pretty dang good! Not perfect, but she has negative overlap for plosives. Her voice is a little robotic, but it's not unpleasant. She sounds a bit better pitched up than down, but I wanted to center everything around her average frequency of C4. Besides, it feels like it fits her character more to be at that lower pitch.


Where can I download Natsu Mizuka?


You can download her from her official download page. It's funny. I have articles where I vamp a little too long and it ends up being eight hundred words. Then I have ones where I think I've vamped enough and I end up being fifty words short. It's my own weird conviction to have a minimum of six hundred words. The entire thing could be fifty words and that would be enough for most people. Image, sample, link. But... That's just not how I feel. And I successfully got over 600 now! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment