Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #77 - 碓氷ホノカ / Usui Honoka

1/5. So, everything will be different by the time this is published. I will feel differently and I likely will act differently. I wrote "humorhorse" as an intentional misspelling of "humorous" and laughed for like a minute straight. I have to rewrite every word. That doesn't really sound like depression, I guess, laughing at stupid jokes, but it's kinda just what it is for me. My brain is bye-bye. I don't know how well I'll do at this, but it's making me happy somehow.

Wiki Wednesday #77 - 碓氷ホノカ / Usui Honoka

I saw I had put a collective in my spreadsheet with a note that I hadn't downloaded from it. The first four banks were simple. One or two banks, nothing major. Then the last two? There was about six gigabytes of zipped UTAUs there. That's a lot of voicebank! I had just downloaded eight gigabytes. So it's all "aaaaa". Thankfully, my satellite internet does not have any restrictions at certain time periods. When I'm the only fella in my area up, then it's nyoom nyoom fast. I remember it was really bad before, and very slow. But, since they've put a new satellite in space, it's really nice. It's not nice when I run out of data, but it's okay. It's dial up speeds and I lived with those for forever anyway.

I do like writing and expressing myself even if I'm not feeling well. It isn't fully fair to the UTAU to just talk about myself and say "oh btw, this exists!" But, I'll just stick with Japanese UTAUs that you literally would have never heard of on your own. (hehe... humorhorse...)

Who is Honoka Usui? 

Official Icon Packaged with Bank

Honoka is part of kasiranelibrary. What does that mean? I don't know. What is the kanji version of it? I don't know. I'm very not in the place to critical thinking. 

I went to Google translated and pasted her bio from her site into it. She is a woman. She is a college student, but she is not a legal adult. Her birthday is February second. Her BMI is normal and her hair uses an adverb while her eyes use an adjective. I think that she is often sickly. She is a fancy pants janitor for the library. She's a big sweetie pie. As a kid, she'd pull pranks and stuff, but she's older and now isn't as interested in that stuff. 

Her full outfit is very cute and looks very traditional. It is a while collared shirt and a green skirt. The skirt looks to be shaded by overlaying a texture of leaves. The color is nice, though it is slightly warmer than I like for green. I love blue, so I like cool greens better than warm greens. I think this specific hue of green is called jade. She's also wearing boots that look to be some kind of leather. Due to anatomy for anime style characters being wonky and stylized, I do not know if her boots are of a normal length. 

How is Usui Honoka's bank?


Honoka had two banks, but one of them stopped existing. It would be possible to contact the person who manages the website and ask if they had information on where it skee-daddle'd to, but meh. Less work for me. (I'm kidding. Either there's a reason, or there was a whoopsie whoops that made it scuttled off of its mortal coil.)

Her one remaining bank is called "Meg". It is a two pitch CVVC bank. Everyone knows how I feel about CVVC banks. I'm not a very huge fan unless I want to be very extra with tuning. However, me being extra with tuning doesn't help many people, because I don't think very many people are downloading CVVC USTs, as they would rather use presamp on a CV UST.

Her pitches are E4 and A4. Those pitches fit perfectly with my tester UST that is "Untitled" by Simple Plan. 

The quality is very high, and it has a very popular voice type. However, it doesn't match her character or design as a sickly, quiet custodian very well. 



Where can I download Honoka Usui?


You can download her from her download page. She's pretty cool, but not my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment