Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, October 2, 2020

Forgotten Friday #93 - MonochromeSong's Eli

I just had to take some allergy medicine because I started feeling sneeze-y. I don't like feeling that way at all! But as awake as I had gotten, I may get really tired because of the medication. I was going straight up the list for Forgotten Friday downloaded banks, but sadly since this UTAU and the other UTAU from this voice provider were like, released at the same time, I will need to skip the next one in the list and come back to it in a bit. There's almost no information on this UTAU, so this article will have padding, of course.


Forgotten Friday #93 - MonochromeSong's Eli


The UTAU comes with very little supplemental information, and I had to poke around the Wikia to find the image. I would have sworn it was an incorrect image, because the filename had no reference to Eli if my vision is not too horrible. But, well, it was found eventually. And I apologize if my writing voice sounds very disjointed and not very me, but I really feel as though I need to do this, even if my state of mind is not the best.

Who is MonochromeSong's Eli?

Official Art from UTAU Wikia

Eli is a girl! Also, her name is not the English Eli (i: l aI) but instead a Japanese "erii". Though like, I'm wondering if it's the same case as me and my UTAU where the one to one nature of kana didn't occur to us. If Eli were created today, would the kana be "Irai"? Who knows!

Eli is 4'11'' and only fifteen years old. That is so young! Her character item is a penguin. Heh, because penguins also have a black, white, and yellow scheme. Not all penguins, but some kinds.

She loves Pocky, cute things, spicy food, and free WiFi. She hates clutter and horror movies. However, not for the reason you think! She finds them boring! 

For some reason, her genderbend has his own UTAU Wikia page. If I cared, I'd flag it for deletion. But I literally don't care at all. Why? Look what exists on the Wikia. An entire category for UTAUs that don't like Hatsune Miku. The Wiki is serious business, but the Wikia is for dumb fun. 

Eli is pretty dumb at basic things like self-preservation. However, when it comes to technology, she knows more than anything else. She is beat up on by the creator's other UTAU, Ash, but just takes it because... she thinks tsunderes are adorable? I'm not her momma, so I can't tell her what she is allowed to put up with and what she isn't. Also, she is a fictional child written as a fictional adult. 

Are kids like this these days? Where a teenager in a work of fiction is actually an adult and the parents just like... don't even kind of exist? Like, how are all these kids running around without adults?! Especially in current American culture where ya know, I'm calling a fifteen year old a child. 

How is Eli's bank?


Eli has only one bank on her Wikia page available for download. I'm not checking to see if the older ones are still up, because you're not allowed to write comments for Wikia revisions. I'd have to click a bunch of buttons just to find out if the older bank is still online or not, and then I'd be a jerk for showing off a bank that the creator didn't want to be used anymore! So none of that. Just using the one on the current page.

Speaking of which, I need to make more tester USTs. I want to focus completely on CVVC, but so few Forgotten Friday banks (okay, virtually no Forgotten Friday banks) have CVVC. It's not a big issue - just export a CV midi and a CVVC midi, and use the same reference audio to make both. It's just about double the time tuning, since I've gotten to where making CV and CVVC once in UTAU is about the same. It's the part in REAPER that takes time. Anyway!

The OTOs are bad in that overlap is zero for every single sample. The voice is extremely adorable with a heavy accent. I mean, it is really cute! 



Where can I download Eli?


You can download her from her UTAU Fandom page. I'm curious how Ash will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment