Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #86 - 怠惰音プチン / Taidane Puchin

4/2. Does this UTAU technically exist? I actually have no idea. There is no visual archive entry. There is no website that I can find. Other than the archive itself on bowlroll... Nothing. Of course, you might be wondering how I found it. By snooping in someone's bowlroll, of course. If you don't want random Americans snooping in your BowlRoll and downloading your UTAU's, put a password on them!


Wiki Wednesday #86 - 怠惰音プチン / Taidane Puchin


I have no idea if the last name is right. I have no idea how the name is meant to be romanized. It could be Putin, for all I know. But, ya know, that would be weird to talk about a girl named Putin.

Anyway, this whole bank is a really weird trip that makes no sense. So, the bank is romaji encoded. This does rarely pop up in Japanese banks, but usually for a reason like a Japanese user recruiting an overseas user to record for them. The voice provider, Yukarin, does say she is bilingual... but the only language she speaks on Twitter is Japanese. The accent is oddly hit or miss with sounding Japanese vs American, which is really weird. This is all really weird.

Who is Puchin Taidane?

Official Art from Bowlroll


Her blood type is AB. In America, a lot of people think that their Zodiac sign means a lot of stuff. For example, when my grandmother and I do something similar, our family will say "That's because you share a Zodiac sign!" What date you were born seems like an odd thing to assume any bit of your personality on. Blood type does make more sense as it's something physical. AB means that Puchin is talented and composed, but she's also two-faced and wacky. 

Anything like that seems really strange to someone who doesn't believe in that stuff, Zodiac or Blood Type. I would test the theory on how I act compare to how Japan thinks my blood type acts... But I have no idea what my blood type is. 99% of Japanese people know their blood type... but this is America.

She loves anime and the occult. Just going off of Google Translate, she has a tendency to unintentionally curse her opponents. Is she a real witch?! She loves hamburgers and does not like corn. Se is twenty-two years old and her birthday is July 15th. 

I followed her voice provider on Twitter. I'm not entirely sure why. I mean, I have some questions, like, why does no one know this UTAU exists? Where is her home page? Did you mean to let people download her? Why are her file names in romaji? What is your second language? Can I English with you because my Japanese is kindergarten level?!

But, I don't want to bother her, so I won't.

How is Taidane Puchin's bank?


As said earlier, it is a one pitch, romaji encoded CV bank with a really strange accent when compared to other Japanese banks.

The average pitch is A3 and... huh.


The OTOs aren't very good. I am just so confused, though. This is a bank that seems like it is from Japan, released in 2018, that sounds like an overseas 2010 bank from America. 

I mean, the design is really cute, and the voice is perfect for that 2010 nostalgia... But it seems so out of place and strange in the context of a 2018 voicebank I found in a random bowlroll. And what's weirder? She's been downloaded over a hundred times, and she still doesn't have any information on her... like.. Anywhere. It's all strange.


Where can I download Puchin Taidane?


Okay, so, the tea is that you should never link directly to the download page. In ye olden days, the reason was because it put extra stress on the servers. However, now that people use uploaders as opposed to their own servers, it's just out of respect. If I had uploaded twenty banks and had formatted my website perfectly with rules and information, and then someone just direct linked to the banks, that would be annoying. But there is no place that has a link to Puchin's bank from what I've found. Not even a single Nico Video. (Why has she been downloaded over a hundred times if no one used her?!) So, here's the bowlroll link

No comments:

Post a Comment