Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, October 23, 2020

Forgotten Friday #96 - ブルタ・ヴラム / Bruta Vlam

I was curious about some stats. Forgotten Friday officially started on December 28th, 2018. This article is getting posted in October of 2020. I have downloaded around 300 banks for Forgotten Friday and around 300 for Wiki Wednesday. At the time of writing, including those scheduled out already but not published, I have written approximately one hundred articles for each. I was legitimately worried that I would run out of UTAUs to cover, especially for Forgotten Friday, but naw. Getting to one hundred articles, with how there are 52 weeks in a year, rather fittingly, took about two years. Two years more of Forgotten Friday and two more years of Wiki Wednesday... Just with what is already on my computer.


Forgotten Friday #96 - ブルタ・ヴラム / Bruta Vlam


Bruta Vlam is discontinued in the way that only old UTAUs can be. Every single account the voice provider had related to that name has been torched. There are no surviving YouTube videos. There is no full body image of her. She simply does not exist outside of the one link on her Wikia page. I am glad that link exists, and has not been removed due to inactivity.

I do support people asking admins to delete their pages when the hearts of the voice providers are ripped in twain by the fandom's evil nature. However, old banks are part of the history of UTAU, and deleting their existence just for the sake of bookkeeping feels icky, especially when the links to the banks still work.

Who is Bruta Vlam?


Official Icon Packaged with bank

Bruta Vlam means, more or less, Rude Flame in Dutch. The actual word is "Brutaal", but I figure that saying it more or less means Rude Flame is still correct, as that is the author's intention.

As there is no surviving artwork beyond the icon, I cannot simply relay the artwork to you in words. However, her outfit was described in her Wikia page. I wish I could make fan art, but I am rather slow. It would take me two hours! If I were to trace and use a base legally, it would be frowned upon. 

I wasted a really silly amount of time making an outfit I'd imagine she'd wear as a twenty-seven year old, as that's basically her age now given how birthdays work. (March 21, 1993.) The doll maker I found was not very good with not very good results, but I didn't realize there were other options for full body dolls.


As you can see, she has dark red hair and purple eyes. I was unable to find a tie, so I replaced it with a studded choker. The black shorts were too short so I replaced them with ripped leggings. No legwarmers, so hose. I wasn't sure what it meant by wristband, so she has a bracer. I really like the shoes I picked, because there was really no indication of what shoes they were meant to be. There was no sleeveless shirt that looked good, so she's wearing a dress.

She is very angry and yelling because she yells a lot. She loves fires and is narcissistic. She hates everyone except for another UTAU created by her voice provider, Moriko Felixia. She also hates eggs.

And who in the heck gave a sixteen year old a flamethrower?!

How is Bruta Vlam's bank?


Bruta has one one pitch, hiragana encoded bank. The author states that all of the samples are shouts, which can make for a difficult to use UTAU.

She will be the first UTAU to be tested on this blog with this Konayuki UST! A different UTAU was previously tested with a Konayuki UST, but this is a different UST of a different part of the song. 

The OTOs are not good, but I was pleasantly surprised. They were bad in really inconsistent ways, but I can tell the voice provider tried. 

Her voice is rather enjoyable after fixing some issues with the OTO file. There are spots that... I'm not sure how they happened, but these things:


You can tell that the tone was meant to be very harsh, and it would have been perfect if it were not for the recording quality. The recording quality makes it simultaneously feel like a hard bank and a soft bank at the same time. But, it's a nice voice.


Where can I download Bruta Vlam?


The only surviving link I know of is on her Wikia page. She may not have much use now, but she's a fun callback to simpler times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment