Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, October 16, 2020

Forgotten Friday #95 - 紫マイ / Mai Murasaki

So, as everyone has probably heard a thousand times by now... I have a mental illness. The current manifestation is that my brain is porridge. My energy levels would concern a sloth, and my words don't come out right. I'm a little buzzed from being up for twelve whole hours (which is an accomplishment), so I think I can get through one or two articles before becoming Adam Frankenstein.


Forgotten Friday #95 - 紫マイ /  Mai Murasaki


So, the name as written almost everywhere is Mai. I changed it to Mai in the heading because that is what the banks are named. However, Mai was intended to be May by the creator of the bank at one point. May in Bulgarian is "Май" which is romanized as "mai" (with diacritics, of course).

So, while my name is めい because in America, that is how May is pronounced, Mai is まい because that is how May is pronounced in Bulgaria, which is where VampireNekoSan is from. (Apparently Mai's actual name is Maria Georgieva.)

Who is Murasaki Mai?


still from video by the voice provider

It does not appear that Mai has images drawn of her traditionally. There are a few that I can find, but she is mostly represented by an MMD model. Her description is rather sparse, with the majority of it being a call to allow the individual utilizing her freedom. 

She is a fifteen year old who enjoys photography. It is difficult to tell if her shirt is meant to be a rather small purple tube top or a shirt that is both purple and white. Her skin tone in the model is very bright. I would like to imagine that she is wearing a long sleeve white shirt with a purple accent than to believe the opposite. I have not seen her shoes, and shoes are very important to me. 

She is wearing biker's shorts in charcoal and a matching jacket. Her skirt, headphones, and bracelets are the same hue of violet as the shirt itself. Her hair is dark brown, though the lighting in the given still image makes it look red. Lighting is strange in that way, and I understand why it is as such because the skin itself has almost no discernible color other than washed out.

She is Bulgarian, which I may have said previously. 

How are Mai Murasaki's banks?


Mai has four banks available for download. There is 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and strong. All are one pitch, romaji encoded CV banks.

Mai has the honor of being the first UTAU to be tested using a UST I made by my hands for the song "Konayuki".

Her first bank is 4.0. Though it is not technically the first, as it is act four. I did get my hands on 1.5, but I will not show it as it was not advertised for download. This is a 2011 bank, so it has 2011 OTOs which I will repair slightly. 

She has a sweet and kind voice. Her voice has a sound that sounds overseas, but very European specifically. The distinction is rather difficult to explain, and I don't think I can at this moment. She sounds feminine and caring.


4.1 is a fellow 2011 bank. The samples are short, but not short to the point of blatant roboticism. This was a style championed by SkyIsland, with evidence documenting that sponsorship on a video that remains unlisted on my channel. SkyIsland was the one who made me fall in love with Konayuki. Circles!

All other variables static, shorter samples will hide noise. There are less places for noises to peekaboo in. I believe that the recording environment was more or less identical to the previous bank. The sample sounds as though there is less noise due to the shorter samples.




The final of the act 4 banks is 4.2. Please excuse me for becoming tumblr, but her samples are stronk. They are very loud compared to the other ones. This is not admonition. UTAU does better when it doesn't have to raise the volume, as raising the volume raises noise. It was just unexpected. Despite the change in decibels, the voice is very similar to the previous ones... Only better. The samples are mid-length and loud enough to not require any raising that would increase the static that haunts every budget recording environment.

I really like it.



Lastly, she has a strong bank. The voice is stern. I love the accent, it is very nice. It's a very nice bank with a markedly stronger tone than the other ones. It sounds really good.


Where can I download Murasaki Mai?


You can download her from her Wikia page. I hope someone draws her really pretty fan art soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment