Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, February 4, 2022

Forgotten Friday #163 - 咲月コウ / Sakitsuki Kou

 So! I kept getting distracted. I am so far behind (by my standards - it's September 25, 2021 and this is going live in  February of 2022). October will be dedicated to animation, so I wanted to do a big, week long push to push the blog out so that I won't feel bad ignoring it until November. November is Nanowrimo, which I appropriate for "Nablorimo" (it's a bad joke.)


Forgotten Friday #163 - 咲月コウ / Sakitsuki Kou


For a moment, I forgot how I write this blog. This UTAU is really cool looking! She dresses really cool and androgynous with a red and cream color scheme. She likes rice and peaches and hates bitter things and spicy things.

Who is Sakitsuki Kou?

official art packaged with bank

Last week on A Spectrum of Apple Skins, Apple Bloom tried to tell Emily the truth, but it didn't work!


Emily let out a small laugh as she led Apple Bloom out of the office. "Well, a programmer is someone who learned a special language and can talk to computers." She glanced back at Apple Bloom, "I wanted to be one, but I can't make sense of these new languages. I've been building games with Java since I was a kid, but Java is even older than your name!"


"Because…" Apple Bloom waited until Emily looked forward to let her face contort into a grimace of misunderstanding. "I was named after a pony on a… show?"


"It's crazy your parents never showed it to you!" Emily laughed as they stopped walking and she pressed a button on the wall. "Best cartoon of the twenty-tens. People will fight you over saying that, though." She rolled her eyes as she turned back towards Apple Bloom. "I never watch adult cartoons, and what competition was there?"


Apple Bloom slowly nodded before asking, "And what's a cartoon?"


"Oh!" Emily's eyes widened, "That's my Luh Wrong Generation showing!" She paused as the wall split in two before them. She ushered Apple Bloom into the elevator before continuing, "Have you seen the ancient stuff? Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse…?"


Apple Bloom looked around the elevator as Emily pressed another button with her knuckle. Equestria had elevators, but none like this. There was a metal panel with glowing lights. Above it was a large, glowing display with squiggles that changed as the elevator lowered itself. Unlike the rest of the office, the elevator had walls that looked wooden and a tawny carpet with small brown squiggles on it.


Emily let out a small, awkward laugh, "Probably not. Yeah, cartoons are just drawings played in quick succession."


"Oh!" Apple Bloom turned back towards Emily, "I've seen those! Hard to flip the books with hooves, though."


Emily, ever supportive, finally cracked slightly, her eyes twitching. In that moment, Apple Bloom realized that she wasn't being a shining example of friendship, appointed by the Princess of Friendship. She cleared her throat and started to apologize, even if it meant lying. "Oh, Emily, please look over me. I hit my head something hard and I don't think I'm recovering good."


"Oh!" Emily pulled her hand up to her mouth as she gasped. "Do we need to go to the hospital?!"


"Oh, naw!" Apple Bloom forced a laugh as she moved closer to Emily and awkwardly placed her hand on Emily's shoulder, "I done went, they did all they could. But I'm going to ask a lot of stupid questions. I ain't trying to rile ya, I want your help!"


With an excited squee, Emily pulled Apple Bloom into a hug. "I will help you as much as I can!"


Apple Bloom let out a sigh of relief as she put her arms around Emily. There was no telling how long it would take for her to figure out how she could get home. Being a beacon of friendship could only help, right? Maybe she was brought to this world to bring friendship.


Will Emily ever pick up what Apple Bloom is serving?! Find out next time!


How is Kou Sakitsuki's bank?

She has limited English capabilities with samples like "あぇ" and "l" samples. However, I will ignore those. Her average frequency is A#3 and her voice is meant to be  androgynous. It is a single pitch CV bank.

This may sound silly, but I had to go though several USTs to find the one where she sounded best. This is the type of bank that doesn't react well to realistic tuning. The voice sounds a lot like a young male voice as voice acted by a woman. not unlike SRS's "Psychotic Psycho". I don't particularly like that voice type, but many people do!



Where can I download Kou Sakitsuki?

You can download her from her official website! I think that if more people knew of her, a lot of people would really love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment