Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Wiki Wedensday #153 - Ajiata Chouka / 蝶歌アジャタ

 A kind and sweet female UTAU with multiple multi-pitch VCV banks. She is high quality and worth playing with.


Wiki Wedensday #153 - Ajiata Chouka / 蝶歌アジャタ


I really like this UTAU! The design and the voice  are both very pretty!

Who is Chouka Ajiata?

Official art

Hi there, friends! It's your favorite fictional Appalachian turned Martian: Franz!


I talked a lot about some science fiction last week. But I've been wanting to tell a story for a while, and I've never really had a chance given I don't talk much about my childhood with my family. It's a little embarrassing considering the upbringing my wife and daughter had. They're okay not knowing - they didn't even ask to know my birth name.


Something Mae stressed in the stories she wrote and something she wanted me to stress was that this ain't a commentary on real Appalachians. In my reality, Appalachia was abandoned around the time of the war. Some racists from Europe thought it was a perfect time to build up an ethnostate that was real focused on living out in nature. They were very, very stupid.


The strange thing is that those Europeans who swooped in wanted to be American so badly. There is audio of them giving speeches. It was like they learned their English from an Uncle Remus audio book. If you don't know what that is, I'll rephrase. They had a very strange understanding of America. They thought that everyone below the old Mason-Dixon line spoke as if they were a racist parody of enslaved people. And they very much spoke that way, despite that not being an accurate depiction of how anyone spoke for over a millennium, if even ever.


When they got American wives, the poor women would elbow them every time they sounded offensive. Some of the men learned, and some didn't.


The accents were a big thing. Sounding Southern isn't an indication of intelligence. It's just how you talk. However, the people around my parts saw speaking as anything other than Southern as being too intelligent. They did not like intellectual types. If you moved there and didn't use "was" where "were" belonged, you'd be chased out within the week. 


I've said before, I don't get to talk much. Everyone around me just has more interesting things to say, so I let them say them. So I am prone to rambling when I'm given a chance to not be interrupted. All of that about accents was just leading to explaining one of the stories from my childhood.


When proper grammar gets you ran out of town, there ain't many people to tell you when an idea is bad.


When I lived there, my little town was beautiful and verdant. It bounced back from the droughts beautifully. However, that bouncing back didn't include anything bigger than a rabbit.


This made any kind of gardening impossible. All the little critters ate up everything they could get their little paws on. So what do the leaders do? Bears.


That's right. There's the old story of the lady who swallowed the fly. She swallowed a spider to eat a fly. She swallowed a bird to eat the spider. In that spiral, she swallowed a horse and died. Instead of introducing something relatively harmless to humans, they just unleashed bears. They skipped the entire song and just had her swallow the horse to begin with!


I didn't actually get to the story about my childhood. I was too busy explaining why, growing up, there were bears everywhere. If it wasn't hibernation season, no one could go into the forest and had to stick to the cleared roads. 


They could have introduced foxes! I would have been okay with wolves, even! But at you'll see next week, yeah, the bears were bad news.


How are Ajiata Chouka's banks?

NF: A three pitch VCV. A sweet but strong female voice that is very adorable!


SEN: Ironically, her whisper pitch is the loudest and brightest. In addition to her lovely, breathy whisper pitch, she has four pitches. The lowest pitch, F3, was set to only trigger in extreme circumstances. It is foreboding. Otherwise, the pitches blend perfectly. This bank has a sweet and kind voice that is extremely lovely! 


Koszmar: Koszmar is a simple, one pitch, romaji encoded CV bank. It is screaming samples, and sounds rather scary!


Where can I download Ajiata Chouka?

You can download her from her distribution site! She is very nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment