Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, May 17, 2019

Forgotten Friday #21 - 壊れた音カシ / Kowaretane Kashi

Who is Kashi Kowaretane? Where can I download Kowaretane Kashi? Who made 壊れた音カシ? 

Forgotten Friday #21 - 壊れた音カシ / Kowaretane Kashi

I'm kind of confused by this UTAU user. When I say kind of, I mean really confused. Her YouTube channel is FandubsRus, but she's obviously a native English speaker! Maybe her name has "Rus" in it? Nope! It's Sammi. (editor's note: I had just pressed submit and went to get some candy when I realized . . . "fandubs are us." Not my brightest moment.)

This UTAU is really, really obscure, despite her most viewed video having over nine thousand views.
Kashi's most viewed video
The only place with any information on this UTAU is the UTAU Visual Archive, which is strange for an overseas UTAU. I couldn't find a wiki dot or wikia page on this girl.

How is her bank?

I went on Sammi's YouTube page and searched "download". I looked through every video with Kashi in hopes of finding an Act 2 or append or anything like that. But I did find myself. 
The joke is that "finding yourself" is usually deep.
(alt text: The irony was that there were no OTOs.)
There's only one bank, and it's the one released on the "Po Pi Po" video. 

There are some weird things going on - none of these "old te" files play when clicked.

In addition to that oddity, there are no OTOs. The bank literally doesn't come with an OTO file. That problem can easily be fixed by creating a new OTO. Which I will now nyoom and do with Moresampler to give this girl a more fair shake. (Which requires deleting the files with "old" in the name because they're just broken.)

This is one of those banks that you just want to adore, but find issues with. The accent is adorably inconsistent, and some of the recordings have the perfect quality for a 2009 muffled UTAU. But, then there are samples that just hurt your ears because they sound as if they have been amplified to the point of clipping. Some randomly sound like they had reverb applied. (Yes, I had to take off my headphones and rub my ear a bit after listening to some of the raw samples. I love this person's voice, but the recording techniques made it louder than I was expecting, even with volume set extremely low. If you use her, don't listen to the raw samples without lowering the volume.)

Where can I download Kashi?

I almost always talk up the potential uses of an UTAU and how there's reasons to use it, even if the justification is flimsy. This is a rare time where I will advise you to not think about using this UTAU unless you really, really want to do a full Rev and remaster her completely and recreate her most problematic samples using phonemes from the less problematic samples. 

If you were able to do that, I do believe that this design and a polished voice would be the perfect embodiment of kids making the most kawaii UTAUs possible in 2009. Was it actually kawaii? Who cares! We were having fun!

I really hope Sammi had fun playing with Kashi. I have no idea what happened to Sammi or where she went off to. I would love to see Kashi Kowaretane VCV someday, but I won't hold my breath.

If you truly want to play with this UTAU, her only bank is linked to on this YouTube video

No comments:

Post a Comment