Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #11 - GALON / ガロン

Who is ガロン? Where can I download GALON? Is GALON a boy or girl?

Wiki Wednesday #11 - GALON / ガロン

So, I've tried to organize my workflow for this blog in many ways. Mostly, they have failed and I've ended up with a folder filled with UTAUs with no idea what goes where. I decided to change that, and now I have over thirty UTAUs for Wiki Wednesday downloaded and written down in a spreadsheet to make sure I get to everyone.

On a super happy note, I have gotten through 2018! Once all thirty or so of these UTAUs are written about, I will begin downloading UTAUs who qualify for Wiki Wednesday from 2017. Downloading is my favorite part, but my computer is running low on space. But, no one came here for an update! They came here to learn about GALON.
Official art packaged with bank

Who is GALON?

GALON is an unfinished android with the appearance of a twelve year old. While their appearance and voice are characterized as male by their creator, GALON has no gender within the creator's canon. 

Not much is revealed about GALON's creator, SleepyHeadP, through the Wiki page or through GALON's official website. Google searching the name brings you to a Reddit profile with that same name. I will not assume it is the same person, but if it is that's pretty cool. That Reddit user seems pretty cool. 

How are the banks?

GALON has two banks: Core and Sun. You are able to download both in one package, which is super awesome! Both are one pitch, romaji encoded CV. As I am prone to do, I combined the Core bank and the Sun bank into one for the demo. To do this, you need to add a suffix to the aliases of one bank then open the parent folder of both banks in the singer properties. I was a little lazy, so I just copy and pasted the "ue" (↑) over and over in Notepad and saved the OTO as opposed to whipping out Libre Office Calc or SetParam. 

Both banks were recorded within a short time frame, which means that the recording environment and accent are extremely similar. The microphone quality and the accent took me by surprise. The time stamps on the files clearly state this bank was created in 2018. However, it sounds like a really good 2010 overseas UTAU. It's even OTO'd in the fashion of the time with the same common mistakes that I run into with Forgotten Friday. 

Core sounds like pure nostalgia for me, while Sun has more of a modern, louder appeal. When combined, the two banks make for a really great "mini-kire" with a 2010 vibe.


Where can I download GALON?

GALON can be downloaded on their download page. GALON is a strange UTAU in the fact that it feels so far removed from 2018. While Sun does have the same yelling vibe popular 2018 UTAUs had, the recording quality and accent take me straight back to the good old days of nearly a decade ago, how did I become so old!? 

If you want to bask in nostalgia, Core is all you need. If you want to feel a little more modern, combining Sun and Core will get you that kire sound. 

With the cute design and adorable voice, GALON is worth downloading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment