Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Monday, May 6, 2019

Investigations are being suspended until I have more free time.

Hi there! I'm not going to use any of the fancy SEO stuff I learned at LearnMMD. I'm just going to jump right into it.

Thanks to the wonders of post scheduling, it has seemed like I've been consistently churning out articles. Sadly, that is quite far from the truth. A lot has happened with my physical and mental health, and money issues are on the horizon.

I really considered just giving up on the blog. But then, I got approved for AdSense! Losing AdSense on my YouTube really messed with me and caused me to just kind of stop making stuff. Believe me, in the entire time I had AdSense on my YouTube channel, I made just over $30. Because it's beneath their threshold for paying out, Google just owes me $30. It wasn't about the money - it was the idea that what I made had some monetary value, even if it was just ten cents. (As a note, I don't think any AdSense ads are showing up on my blog, regardless of if "Show Ads on my Blog" is ticked and the "gadgets" show up. No earnings yet.)

So, I didn't want to give up on my blog. However, I needed to find a way to maintain the blog with less free time. 

Less Fluff.

I like writing. I really, really like writing. I especially love the chance to tell a story. However, that's not the purpose of this blog. The purpose of this blog is to showcase obscure UTAUs, not to listen to story time. If I cut down on just trying to say something and get closer to an austere "Look. Listen. Download." aesthetic, I'll be able to pump out more articles. It hurts my creative soul to do that, but I am fully aware that if my creative soul was particularly profitable, I would actually have time to be as fluffy as possible. 

This also means using the same UST over and over again. I'll be on the lookout for something new, though.

All that being said, every really weird and bad decision I continue to make is because no one leaves comments or sends me an at on Twitter telling me to stop doing those things. 

No More Investigations (For Now)

Investigations are legitimately my favorite part of this blog. Instead of presenting one UTAU, you're presenting an entire little universe. My second favorite is another Monday feature: recovered UTAUs. Investigations are long and take a lot of time, and there are only so many UTAUs that can be recovered. As my free time gets more sparse, I can't take the time to do my favorite thing.

Of course, I will have stretches of time where I've got no pressing matters in my life. During that time, I will be able to return to investigations. Instead of displacing a Wiki Wednesday, I'll just post it up on Monday as a bonus article. If I ever win the lottery and have nothing but free time, I will for sure resume investigations at once.

Still Two Articles a Week

There will still be two articles a week, unless there are three articles. Unless I mess up the scheduling, you can always expect one article on Wednesday and one on Friday. Monday articles will just randomly pop up when time allows for an investigation or another ancient UTAU is found reuploaded. 

That's all!

I hope you guys stick around even without the investigations. I'll get right to work writing and rendering so that there will be a consistent output. 

I'm really grateful to everyone who reads my blog :) Thank you <3

2 comments:

  1. I've been lurking here for a while and was too afraid to comment, but I hope your health will improve and that you'll be able to resolve your money issues. I'm sure anyone who's following this right now will continue to, even if things have to be changed/removed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Things are slowly getting better. I'm excited for the future again. Making sure that I keep this blog alive is one of my biggest goals for the future!

      Delete