Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #12 - LemonJay

Who is LemonJay? Where can I download LemonJay? No, seriously, I don't think this is helping the SEO.

Wiki Wednesday #12 - LemonJay

So, like the previous Wiki Wednesday, the only thing that comes up when you search the name given for the creator of this UTAU is one Reddit account. It would be unfair to link the two people together if they are separate people, so I'm leaving it at that. (If it is the same person, my assumptions about the creator of LemonJay based off of the website and bank were really wrong.)

LemonJay has no character art and only has a few random tidbits of character information. However, after listing the character information, the writer of the Wiki page tells us we are allowed to disregard that information as it is just suggestions. 
The closest thing this bank has to art.

How is the bank?

LemonJay has only one bank available for download. There is a discrepancy between the download page and the file when downloaded. The download page claims to distribute Act 2. However, once downloaded the file says "Act 1". The bank is a one pitch VCV recorded around C4.

Random aside, I refuse to use .uars as intended. It's lame WinRAR doesn't give you and option to unzip it when you right click it, but that's 90% of the reason I keep 7zip on my computer.

Clicking through the samples to check the OTOs, there are some random discrepancies in the quality of the samples. Most sound pretty normal, but a few have a weird and hollow sound to them. It also crashed Resampler somehow?

LemonJay has a tone issue - there are samples within this bank that are perfect. And that's the problem - the tone isn't one hundred percent consistent. Generally I wouldn't say things like this, as they can come off in a bad way. However, I just mean that there are some samples that are perfect and some that are off. This bank sounds like a multi-pitch while being only one pitch. If the consistency was improved in a future version, I think this UTAU has a chance of being really popular.


Where can I download LemonJay?

LemonJay's download is on the download section of his website. There's really no telling if LemonJay will ever get a design or if LemonJay will ever get another bank. I really hope that Jemons creates another LemonJay bank someday, though it may be impossible for this tone to be recreated if the Jemons who made this UTAU is the same Jemons on Reddit. 

If you like the muffled, young boy voice type, this is a great VCV to have in your arsenal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment