Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Wiki Wednesday #9 - Kurenai / 紅

Who is Kurenai? Where can I download 紅? Who made Kurenai? 

Wiki Wednesday #9 - Kurenai / 紅

Not every UTAU needs a detailed backstory or character description. Sometimes "this is my UTAU. Use female pronouns" is just enough. However, when there's a tiny bit of backstory that is brought up and dropped within a few words, I feel a little confused. 

This UTAU is a case of "They said something and now I'm confused."

Who is Kurenai?

Official Icon Packaged with Bank
On Kurenai's wiki page, there is this sentence: "(has no right eye…?)"

Does she have a right eye? Does she not? Are we supposed to assume that it's missing from the images and the author is telling us "duh"? Why would her character item be a ribbon wand if she's sluggish? Why only one ribbon wand?! But that's the CV bank. Her VCV bank loves ice skating and hates staying still.

And what does "yonhyaku kaihatsu koodo kurenai" mean?! Google Translate says it is "I'm sorry to have trouble with you." (Only if you click a link that says "Did you mean...?" If you don't, it translates it as "Yo ho ho ha ha ha ha.") But why put it in the readme? Is it her full name?

Naw, I'm just pretending to be worked up. 

Kurenai was created by Mira / liure. That site lacks contact info, but I assume that the best way to contact Mira is via the YouTube channel with Kurenai videos on it. I honestly don't know much about Mira, considering on one of the YouTube accounts, the description is "whatever."

How are the banks?

I started by opening up the CV bank. We have another case of the automatic button ignoring all prefixes and suffixes that aren't inside the aliases. There are three pitches in three separate folders, and only the middle pitch has aliases to make the bank sing at all. Without going into SetParam, I need to add "down\" in front of all of the low pitch notes and add ↓ after them. To trigger the high pitch, I only need to add "up\" before those notes. But bleh. Am I the only person with this issue? Because banks get released like this a lot. But, after going through all of that effort... It was pretty worth it!
(please ignore the fact that I forgot SuffixBroker exists for the ↓ part, but I have no idea if it's even possible to add prefixes with SuffixBroker.)


Her VCV bank doesn't have the same issue, thankfully. It's not possible for it to have it as 1) it is one pitch and 2) using aliases is required when using any kind of "strung" samples. The VCV is eight mora and recorded extremely quickly. Eight samples in only five seconds?! Wow. 琴乃ミマ from a previous article needed seven seconds for each seven mora sample.

Kurenai has a really awesome voice, and it sounds great here. It would be super cool if she had three pitches of VCV as she has three pitch of CV, but that would take quite a bit more time, so I understand why that isn't the case.


Where can I download Kurenai?

As far as I know, the only place to find Kurenai's voice banks is on her UTAU Wiki page. Kurenai has a really cool, super adorable voice. The design might clash with the voice a bit, but she's still a cool UTAU to use 😄

No comments:

Post a Comment