Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, March 6, 2020

Forgotten Friday #63 - 貝音ロハ / Kaine Roha

I live in Central Standard Time, but the blog is set to Pacific Standard Time. So, when I started this article, it scheduled itself for around 3 PM. I looked out the window and it was pretty dark for 3 PM. So I looked down at my computer's clock and it's 5 PM. Never mind the fact that it was around 2 PM when I started work today. I actually had thought only an hour had passed when it was actually... several. Don't ask me to math today, please.

Forgotten Friday #63 - 貝音ロハ / Kaine Roha

if the video desciption is permanently taken down completely, the getuploader is kaine.  

Yay for file names that betray the reading! Google Translate says Shellfish Sound should be Kaion. But 244, the person who uploaded this stuff, says that it is Kaine. 

The only information I could find on Roha is that his name has shellfish in it on a list of UTAUs that are related to foods in some way. I mean, I saw that on my own... But I guess? I checked the video, and that had been deleted.

Imagine if YouTube treated deleted videos the way NicoVideo did. Instead of just a big image saying video gone, someone plays recorder while someone reads off a "sorry video gone" speech. I remember years ago, not understanding what was up. Were there different versions of that speech? I remember getting hit with Foosan telling me I couldn't watch the video, just to be able to see it after like ten refreshes. But, I believe that this one was deleted, so no amount of refreshes would bring it back.

Who is Roha Kaine?


Official Icon Packaged with Bank


Can I call him Roja? What about Loja? Everything about this UTAU was lost except for the bank. There's two ways we can look at this. Way one gives us the right to write this article. Way two makes me seem like a bad guy.

The first is that 244 grew tired of all this stuff and just deleted the videos and the design, but left the link up for any adventurous users to find Roha and have fun.

The other way of looking at is that 244 meant to delete everything, but lost the getuploader password and shrugged.

Either way, I'm here now and we're writing this article...

But I need six hundred words to feel good about releasing an article, and there's not much to say about this UTAU. So instead, life advice.

Being mentally ill is awful. If you're ill enough, not even medications will let you live a perfectly normal life. There will be days the meds do too much and days they don't do enough. But you have to stay in that limbo, or you'll go too far in either direction and that's bad. When someone is struggling with this - decrease their meds and go crazy or keep their meds the same and lose their job - you need to be honest with them. This all sucks and everything sucks but you just have to be strong, and that sucks. Really, just tell them that you see that they are backed in a corner and it is unfair, but what can anyone do? Tell the boss that your meds sedate you sometimes and you can't always do your work? That sounds like a ticket to the unemployment line. Cut back and just deal with the fact that you feel completely awful and are always just one move away from screaming? Is that worse or better than the unemployment line?

And yes, discriminating against someone by firing them after they come clean about the legal, prescribed medicine is definitely illegal. But like... You've been poor, right? Poor people can't afford lawyers, meaning everything horrible that happens to us is basically legal! Who's going to stop them from doing illegal stuff? No one. 

So, please don't try and tell your mentally ill friend you get it and that it will be okay. Just tell us that everything sucks and that we aren't crazy. Everything is a horrible, awful, mess that is stacked against us, and we just want someone to see the horrible shape we're contorted into.

How is Kaine Roha's bank?

Kaine only has one bank, but three ZIP archives. The first two are just the original bank, split into two parts due to file size limitations. The third is an add on that turns 0.1 into 0.2. There's no point in testing the differences when it seems like the only difference is the addition of some palatalized consonants. Honestly, I'm typing with my eyes closed just to see if I can. There's a really weird orange box on my vision. The gradient goes down and the top is purple, until it rises and my vision is orange. 

Basically, the voice is okay. There are inconsistencies in nasal qualities, which can make it a bit jarring. It has a very specific voice type (obviously male, but high pitched with young / slightly feminine properties) that many may like. But I never really cared for it.



Where can I download Roha Kaine?

You can download him from his debut video. Should you use him? I don't know. Would you have fun using him? I don't know. I really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment