Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, March 20, 2020

Forgotten Friday #65 - 機械音ばんし / Kikaioto Bansi

Okay, I really need to pick an UTAU that has information on it. Because like, I'm sure people are sick of hearing about what's going on in my life. But, like, this is Forgotten Friday. So many of these banks just got thrown onto the internet with no second thought... What makes it worse is that when I started my spreadsheet, I didn't download all of the banks as I was recording their names. So most of the list, I need to use data to download the banks! So, I'm stuck with what I did download earlier

Forgotten Friday #65 - 機械音ばんし / Kikaioto Bansi

So, the only proof this bank exists outside of the videos linked on the NicoPedia is a forum post from Smeen. (And a VOCALOID database entry that was made in 2016 and updated Thein 2018??) I'm confusing Smeen with someone else, but Smeen is gone. I don't know about the person who I am confusing with Smeen... 

I'm not sure if CarmenTA, Bansi's voice provider, even exists as implied. First, the bank is romaji encoded and there's no Japanese in the readme or character. I mean, this is a whole thing. Smeen had a copy of Bansi, which has a troll design. Smeen seems to have been aligned with some troll users. But even then, CarmenTA has other UTAUs. But I don't know. I give up. I'm playing the rest of this article straight and pretending that CarmenTA (who can't keep the spelling of their name consistent) is absolutely a real person from Japan and everything is normal.

Who is Bansi Kikaioto?

Official Art Packaged with Bank
Intended reading is Banshee, but y'all had your chance when you gave the romanization Bansi.

Green. Her item is a misspelling of radish and she is sixteen.

This reminds me of running into LegendMaker UTAUs, ya know. Everything feels really wrong, but there are tells that you can notice. Some of the more obvious ones being that they are voiced by LegendMaker himself. But, when you run into a new thing, then things are different. There are other UTAUs from CarmenTA in my spreadsheet, so we'll come back to this eventually. 

Bansi was used by iKARO, which got her a spot in the VOCALOID database. iKARO showed up, released USTs, and then was gone with the wind. Any searches for "iKARO utau" just leads to people who are using that UST. 

I mean, I might be able to just log back into Twitter and ask around, or do the unspeakable and go on the UtaForum, but I don't care enough to do that. (I really, really do not want to interact with the UtaForum in any way until problems are taken care of.)

Speaking of Twitter, why don't you cool it with the fake notifications, Twitter? I get emails telling me I have fifty-one new notifications. Wow! Fifty-one interactions with my content?! More like five. Almost ever notification is "Hey, did you miss this tweet?" Yes, Twitter, I haven't checked my timeline all year. I've missed every tweet that isn't reposted to reddit. 

I do get it. Once I decided to take a long break from Twitter and came back to like two notifications. That was really sad. I had proof no one really cared for my tweets or wanted to interact with me when my content wasn't put under their nose. (Ya know, how twitter works.) But now I'm an emotionally secure adult who doesn't need to be told "Hey, hey, hey! People are Tweeting! You're missing out on tweets that are being tweeted!"

I could delete my account, but I really need to keep it for DMs. That's one of the only ways to hold a conversation with me since I purged as much social media as possible. So, I'm just going to be stuck with Twitter telling me that I have fifty new notifications every month or so.

How is Bansi Kikaioto's bank?

There is no OTO. The consonants are clipped short. The errors in the recordings tend to be standard errors found in overseas banks of this era. For what it is, it's not horrible. It's really just a bank of the era.



Where can I download Kikaioto Bansi?

You can find her link on her nicopedia page

No comments:

Post a Comment