Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wiki Wednesday #54 - UTAOの朱姫 / Project UTAO's Akehime

Vermilion princess! She is a red princess! That is what the name means, and it fits her! That's smart and cool :)

Wiki Wednesday #54 - UTAOの朱姫 / Project UTAO's Akehime

So, I accidentally downloaded over two gigabytes of UTAUs when I told myself I definitely wouldn't, as if my computer went kaput, they wouldn't be backed up. Well, I'm bad at following directions when I'm not in the best mental state. So, I downloaded every UtaoOngen bank. I was going to download their other series, but there were like a hundred banks per UTAU, and they all sounded the same. So, I stopped at their main line.

Who is Akehime?

Official Art from Bank

If you only read the stuff included with the bank, the description can sound silly. You can add "idk" in front of all of them and it be tonally consistent. What's her gender? "Idk, more or less a woman." How old is she? "Idk, probably elderly." She don't look elderly!

And then you read her full description on the website and you feel sad for her. She's a moon goddess who can shapeshift into a fox. She fell in love with a man, and he died as he was human. So she wanders around, all sad like being lonely.

Ok, I was wrong on the moon goddess part, I think. She's just a regular old localized deity. I usually would take them time to read the biography in Japanese and then relay that, but my ability to have a tropical bird who pedals sugary cereal has passed along.

How is Akehime's bank?

First, I really love the microphone quality. I don't know if it's really good or not because I've lost a lot of frame of reference.

The bank is a one pitch, hiragana encoded VCV. How are the OTOs? I think they're pretty much on point, but there's parts that I'm like "Is this an OTO problem?" But I don't know because I forgot exactly how things work. I know generally, and this is very correct in the big general sense. But I do think it might be able to be improved.

Now, on to the voice itself. It's pretty good, but it feels somewhat incongruent with the backstory. She sounds young. Not too entirely sad, but still sad. Her design matches the voice kind of perfectly. It's a lot like UTAUs that I would remember the names of if I was doing better. Do you remember that orange one that held a bird? That one. But thinking of an immortal, sad, elderly probably-a-woman grieving her husband by staring into a mirror doesn't really conjure this voice.

Does any of that actually matter? Naw. Not even kind of. 

I forgot what I was doing because I ate six fruit gummies to try and wake up, but they only helped a tiny bit. But they were really, really tasty. If you need a small snack to fit into your day for a small burst of energy, try Kasugai gummies. The peach is just a peach. By which I mean it tastes just like eating a peach. The grape is really strong and needs time sitting out to kind of level out. When you first open the bag, it has a top note of wasabi somehow. Anyway, here's the sample.

Where can I download Akehime?

Akehime can be downloaded from her character page. I really do like this UTAU. It's very nice. It is limited by only being one pitch, but you don't always need a six pitch kire to make great covers. Heck, you don't even need VCV. So, a nice one pitch VCV is really nice. So, if you want to make covers with a pretty nice one pitch VCV with a pretty nice design, then this UTAU would do a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment