Axfc is a jerk. Here's my post on how to get downloads from there to work.

Multi-pitch CVVC banks do not work properly with the shareware A for automatic button!! Any articles where I complain about CVVC banks being broken is my own fault for not figuring it out sooner!!

Friday, April 17, 2020

Forgotten Friday #69 - 碧衣フウ / Aoi Fu

heh, nice.

Forgotten Friday #69 - 碧衣フウ / Aoi Fu

Let me start by saying that the proper romanization is "Fuu" and not "Fu". But, the folder is named in romaji as "Aoi Fu". So, she's Fu.

That looks really awkward, like I'm trying to stop myself from cursing. Can I call her Aoi from this point on? I'm calling her Aoi.

I can't find the icon for the person who uploaded the videos on the Nicovideo page. That's really weird and confusing. I do believe I found her "manager" on YouTube, but there's no actual information about who is behind this UTAU. The only person actually credited that I can find is someone named Linai. They are apparently the voice provider, and I was able to find one video of them singing.Are they the same person as vocaloid0eve? Who knows!

Who is Fu Aoi?

Art from Release Video Captured by Visual Archive

Aoi Fu is sixteen years old an a girl. That's... it. That's all.

Let me tell ya'll about Kind bars. 

I just have random problems, like getting dizzy and nearly falling over. The thing that fixes that is food. Usually lots of sugar, but packaged in fake-healthy ways. I love Clif Bars and always keep a box of mini ones in my closet. But, I saw a commercial harping on how much sugar is in those things. (An entire Snickers bar if I remember correctly.) So, I decided to try the company that was doing the harping. 

And wow, they were good. The things I have are mini kind bars. Just 100 calories. The macros aren't the best, but it's basically just nuts partially covered in chocolate with another binder. And they are so good. It really is like eating a Snickers bar, but they say they're healthy! They're kind of not, but neither is Gatorade. I keep 80 calorie bottles in my closet for when I have a horrible headache, because those work better than medication for me.

They're a snack time snack that you should avoid in general, but if you're going to eat chocolate, you might as well also eat nuts. There is some fancy pants science reason that 100 calories of Snickers isn't the same as 100 calories of a Clif Bar, so I'm not just being a sheep paying more for my snacks. 

I'd end it there, but there's probably some people who are confused about what Snickers is. It's in my top three American candy products. (Reese's, Butterfingers, and Snickers, if you were wondering.) It's nougat with caramel and peanuts on top, then covered in milk chocolate. The ice cream version that replaces nougat with ice cream is infinitely better, but the regular version is still good enough to beat out peanut M&Ms. 

So yeah, if you want to feel healthy and still eat a candy bar, get mini Clif Bars and Kind Bars. If you just want chocolate, either get Quakers chocolate rice cakes or a bar of bakers chocolate that's around 80 percent cacao. (I think I eat too much chocolate maybe.)

How is Fu Aoi's bank?

First, allow me to say that I need to make more testing USTs. I've kind of fallen out of love with Japanese and only have ideas for English covers I want to do. That's not the most useful for this blog. (Really, except in extremely rare cases, it's absolutely useless for this blog.)

I do have a few options I'll be looking at. If I don't want to make a full cover, I likely won't need a MIDI as, even with my tone deafness, I'll be able to just trace the output from using melody extraction. But, I'd rather find a MIDI and make a full cover of something just... I'm not sure why. The optimal song for a testing UST spans one octave and has a decent tempo so more can be sung in a smaller time frame. I'll look through my iTunes at some point to see if I can use Melody extraction on something like RADWIMPS, the Pillows, or Puffy AmiYumi. I did try an arthur song, but wow that whispering was not working. Using a MIDI and melody extraction may work, but it has the problem of the tempo being a little too... downtempo. 

Anyway, one pitch CV bank and OTOs bad. They make no sense, other than seeing that they thought uniform could work for CV, though in some places there numbers were changed... to something that was still wrong. It doesn't feel worth fixing at this moment, though. It's okay enough and you can hear her voice which is so perfect and sweet and I love it. 

The bank is meant to be a whisper bank, and like, I've said enough words. I love it.


Where can I download Aoi Fu?

You can download her from her release video. There are UTAUs that do this voice type better with more interesting designs. But, if you're a collector, that doesn't matter. Every voice you can add to your collection is a welcome addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment